Thread: Rendered before, now it won't

Rendered before, now it won't

Crazy! I set up an animation using a plasma templet (plasma_multi.lws) and customized it for a client. I rendered it last week on my Mac 8-way with 16GB ram and popped it into FCP and made masters for the client. One of the people highlighted in the animation quit the company so I was asked to remove him from the animation. It was easy. I changed the number of side plasmas from 6 to five by moving the last one out of frame. I re-time everything to run slower so the last frame of the animation happened at the same time it did in the previous render. Problem is, after a hundred or so frames render the application quits, over and over. Since it worked before, I don't understand why it won't render now. I've tried restarting the computer fresh three times now but still... I truly believe nothing has changed since the last time it rendered except for timing.

I noticed that the last good frame to render before the application quits was #139. I also realized that frame #140 was where one of my video clips was to start. I deleted the .mov file for the video clip that starts at frame #140 and re-exported it from Final cut as the same clip name and in the same folder as before. When I reconfigured the animation with the new clip and had the animation continue rendering from frame #139, the project rendered to the last frame. I guess the video clip was corrupt or had got exported incorrectly the first time. I didn't even have to drop it back into the Final Cut project because I'd used all the same names, numbers and folders as the original animation. In Final Cut all I had to do is render for about two minutes and it plays back perfectly.