Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 115 of 115

Thread: Is LightWave dead ?

  1. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by IMI View Post
    Even better yet at proving my point you're either incapable of reading comprehension, or coming up with an argument in context. Probably a good deal of both, based on what I've seen before.
    Since you include innuendo and apologue in your list of things you don't understand, I'll say it outright - alot of you people are acting like crying little children.
    How many servings of B.S. did you have for breakfast? You call anyone voicing their opinion as a crying little child instead of understanding people are explaining (not to your liking) that NewTek's direction does not impress them and that their gimmick has generated more concern then comfort.

    And I'm not "right about one thing. NewTek's PR department is run by kids, blahblahblah..."
    I didn't say that, so how could I be right about it? You really need to go back to to forum argument school.
    Based on the fact you're calling people you don't like kids because you don't like what these people say. Once you call one group kids that analogy can be applied to any other group in the discussion. maybe you need to update you analogy skills.

    "Necessary information to answer people's questions...."
    What you have failed to notice (huge surprise there...) is that all they've announced is the HardCORE membership and its terms. I understand it, most other people around here understand it, but somehow you don't seem to understand it. Another huge surprise...
    In reality NewTek only explained the current hardcore membership terms for anyone signing before March 31st. NewTek hasn't explained in detail much about the return/benifit of membership for anyone signing up at the middle of the year, or near the end of the year.

    They've touched on the basics of what the release will ultimately be, with a promise to get more specific before the deadline. How can that possibly not be enough? Are you genuinely concerned for their welfare as a company? I'd say, let them handle that.
    I would hope so, I would hope NewTek is smart enough to provide bi-monthly updates. There is 8 months until the first part of the 4th quarter and 10 months until the end of the 4th quarter. December 31st is the deadline for the release of Lightwave Core. NewTek claims that if they miss the deadline for Core release the membership will still receive their copy of core when it is released. Ten days after the release of lightwave core NewTek is already giving reassurance because of poor wording of the membership. NewTek has already opened the door that they might not meet their 4th quarter release date of 8 months from now.

    No, I imagine you understand that, although I wouldn't bet on you passing a test regarding the details, but rather, you have rejected it as inadequate. You have to have it it now, now, NOW....
    NewTek screwed up the video release of core and it took NewTek 5-7 days or more to put the core video on the core page. Now, now, now is an expected response to poor information flow. NewTek needs to build trust that they have the ability to deliver the information.

    In addition to their initial presentation was the promise that more information would be forthcoming. Most reasonable people understand that to mean at their pace, not ours.
    NewTek can not drop the ball on information flow and expect anyone, but sugar spouting fanboys to trust NewTek's promise of future information. NewTek and you IMI can not expect anyone sitting on the fence to trust NewTek's word when necessary information wasn't provide during the launch of core. you seem to be the only one that doesn't understand this crying as you call it is an expected reaction to NewTek's drop launch of information flow.

    Equally, they've said more info would be released before the HardCORE deadline, so people can decide whether or not to buy into it. They've also said that their programmers have alot they'd LIKE to show, but can't just yet. You want to see a demo of a feature that isn't quite there yet? I'm thinking they understand that's not a good idea.
    And of course, nobody is forcing anybody to buy into it or not.
    With a minimum of 8 months I hope NewTek does more then wait until the day before the release of core to release information. Unless of course that buy in to HardCore membership is for 2010.

    First, all the question sasked, after watching the video, are based on a review of the released video. Therefore, there is nothing unreasonable about asking the current questions and expecting answers from NewTek. if the only point of the video is to generate hype, then don't waste my time. On the other hand, if this video is to see customer reaction and generate customer feedback. Then NewTek needs to answer all question that each video generates to gain a greater level of customer trust.

    Secondly, you've gone on, and on about small issues, but I see that when faced with the question of Object Orient environment you are silent on all issues. What's the matter not enough sugar left to spout fanboy comments?

  2. #107
    inSPIRAL jay3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Wavers World
    Posts
    902
    What's wrong with Object Oriented Environment?

  3. #108
    Pancakes! IMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by frantbk View Post
    blah blah blah... fanboy this, fanboy that...blahblahblah...
    Whatever you say, frankie, I'm through with you, have nothing more to say to you on this issue, and hopefully no other issues either.

  4. #109
    User.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Prizren, Dardania
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by IMI View Post
    Whatever you say, frankie, I'm through with you, have nothing more to say to you on this issue, and hopefully no other issues either.
    For some reason you always remind me of this character IMI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaB3f...ext=1&index=51

    Keiji Maeda, on the game that I played. The one hiding in the tree.

    I wonder why though, is there any rezemblence between you two?

  5. #110
    \\ is sparkling // Iain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,441
    Quote Originally Posted by DiedonD View Post
    For some reason you always remind me of this character IMI
    Keiji Maeda, on the game that I played. The one hiding in the tree.
    Jeez-come back from that one IMI!
    portfolio

    The Liver is evil and must be punished!

  6. #111
    Pancakes! IMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by DiedonD View Post

    I wonder why though, is there any rezemblence between you two?
    Yeah, the hair.

  7. #112
    Adapting Artist jasonwestmas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,399
    Yeah Core better be the BEST! lol


    uhh sorry wrong page.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

  8. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Which is what we should ALL do since frankie is right about EVERYTHING. After all... he's pretty much the Almighty in human form.
    Why do you think I would bother with a human form when I'm everywhere. to me

  9. #114
    Super Member *Pete*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    3,853
    Quote Originally Posted by IMI View Post
    Yeah, the hair.
    thats why you cant get a job then, i guess....

  10. #115
    Pancakes! IMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pete* View Post
    thats why you cant get a job then, i guess....
    Yer a funny guy there, Pete. Anyone ever tell you that?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •