Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Newtek can answer Yes to these questions, I will subscribe to CORE now!

If Newtek can answer Yes to these questions, I will subscribe to CORE now!

1. Will the cloth, hair, hard and soft body dynamics be equal to or better than the competition? The current Fiber FX implementation in LW 9.6 is too cumbersome to use?

2. Will the liquid effects be as good as Maya 2009 and Blender?

3. Will the animation and rigging mechanics be as easy to use as Maya 2009?

4. Will the UV wrapping and 3D texture painting be as good as Modo 302?

5. Will a post composite module be available as in Blender?

6. Is the 3D render as faster than LW 9.6?

7. Can you paint 3D objects like in Maya 2009?

8. Will there be 3D wigets in the 3d view to use to manipulate objects, vertexes, etc? I didn't see any in the demonstration.

9. Will all character attributes such as a rig or motion data be saved with the objects instead of the scene.

10. Is the current beta which is about to be release a full working version, or a stripped down version of the software?

11. Will the CORE have a Viper Window that supports ALL texture and shading options including dynamics?

12. Will CORE support object animation effects using node operators similar to what LW9.6 can do with texture nodes?

13. Will there be an option to move faces, edges, vetexes locally, and along their normals?

14. Will there be an option to lock a tool, like the drag to, so that I can use the same command on a number of vertexes, edges, or Faces without having to reselect tools as I click on a different element?

15. Will there be an option to use a background object as a snap to object like in Modo 302?

If Newtek answers Yes to all these questions then I will subscribe to CORE immediately.

Rich

At least you don't to know too much about a program that hasn't even entered beta yet.

Sweet jebus...
    You forgot to ask for a new car in that list.

-R
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Wow...Thats an impressive list... Post composite module? Try After Effects..

LW is a 3D animation system, not a compositing program.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 16 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by lwanmtr View Post

LW is a 3D animation system, not a compositing program.
    XSI, Houdini and Blender have some form of compositing capabilities. Pretty useful for quick comps of multi pass renders. I too have my own list of questions of what LW core will have, but i'll wait a bit to see if they release some videos or images first. I'm still hoping for "realtime" though i didn't see it mentioned yet

-George

I usually either do it all in camera or use AE for post, though I can see a usefulness of a simple compositor...but it's not a deal breaker for me..hehe.

I'm hoping that Core will have my projects done before I start them..hehe.

Really, though..the dynamics are what i wanna see more of.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 16 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

yeah, i wouldn't use these internal compositors for anything other than rough temp comps... Not a deal breaker for me. I'd use AE anyway too. hehe. Totally with you on the dynamics!

-GC

Newbie Member
    The current Fiber FX implementation in LW 9.6 is too cumbersome to use?
    You must be unsure, because that's not a question.

As for the list... sheesh. In XSI I have cloth, rigid and soft body dynamics, fluids, hair/fur (yada yada) but it's not as if I have Realflow or the latest and greatest version of these dynamics addons available to me because (and get this) I didn't pay $9,000 for them.

I'm sure Core will be great and there will be many improvements, but be realistic for goodness sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RTSchramm View Post
    If Newtek answers Yes to all these questions then I will subscribe to CORE immediately.
    Rich
    Will CORE fix all economic problems better than Obama v.2009?

... I'm pretty sure you you won't be subscribing.

he he.. I like this one,

"Is the current beta which is about to be release a full working version"

ummmm, let me think....

Quote Originally Posted by RTSchramm View Post
    9. Will all character attributes such as a rig or motion data be saved with the objects instead of the scene.
    I think this is the only point we could estimate an answer. Since the new format will be Collada (even preferred over lwo) it can easily store rigs, animations and additional data. I am still wondering how Newtek saves all these envelope data, master plugin data and other options, but they said they will extend the common Collada format to their needs.

Concerning the other features: I really would love to see all this in Core. But this will take some time. If you need them today I would suggest to buy Modo and install Blender in addition to LW9.6. Then you will be happy and you can wait easily what Core delivers.

And by the way: If all these features were in Core then Newtek would become the king of 3d apps and the price would certainly raise a lot.
    Last edited by Frank_Geppert; 02-06-2009 at 12:28 AM.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Hehe, and i want a pony and a plastic rocket.

Hey, that's LW related honest!
    Too old to die young.

Lots of things to ask, I have to say that asking for specification that is as good as or better than Maya is a bit much. It would seem that the complete, unlimited Maya is around $6,000. Why would a product at $1.5K be as good.

All I want to know is that the features in this new improved version will be better than the version I have now. That will be enough for me to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Geppert View Post
    I think this is the only point we could estimate an answer. Since the new format will be Collada (even preferred over lwo) it can easily store rigs, animations and additional data. I am still wondering how Newtek saves all these envelope data, master plugin data and other options, but they said they will extend the common Collada format to their needs..
    The same way they have always, in the scene file as simple text (keyframe, bezier handle positions and key values)

And the nice thing about Collada is you can easily add custom XML tags that get skipped by programs that are unable to read said tags and thus are still able to read your file.
    Read up on it i say : http://www.collada.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
    I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein
    visit my company site : House of Secrets
    visit my personal site : svenneve.com

The Psickic told me the following:
    "As you've seen what the foundation (to avoid the pun) shall hold, imagine upon it what you will."

I would say the answers are as you design them. Pun intended.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast