Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Modelling Challenge #23 - Core (!)

Hey Guys... My 2nd Entry!

Hehe, im so happy to be continuing to keep u with these challenges. Though I was waaaayyyyy late on the last one, this one is a bit early. I still have some work to do on the texturing and stuff... Now that I know that 1hr doesn't include the setup, rendering or the scene layout, i can do it up real nice. These challenges are fun. Thanks for hosting them and thanks for welcoming me to the thread. I really enjoy it.

Like Core... More to Follow =)

THings left to do...
    1. better deal with the lighting so the "core" is more prominant.
    2. adjust the camera for the same effect
    3. deal with the fog (or possibly hypervoxels) so it looks more smokey inside the missle tube.
    4. Apply logos to the textures... ive got a cool idea i wanna get out in this one.
    5. general texture updating for more realism.

Total modeling time (so far) : 45 minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	768.3 KB 
ID:	69292  
    Art is never finished.... only abandoned!
    Visit Me!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DeeNut View Post
    Hehe, im so happy to be continuing to keep u with these challenges. ~ These challenges are fun. Thanks for hosting them and thanks for welcoming me to the thread. I really enjoy it.

Like Core... More to Follow =) ~
    Good to see you back Dude. Awesome job so far.

--
    flakester.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    My entry is going to be not very good, (hey, it is me after all ), but I'm going to try and get one in at least, feel terrible I've not had chance to cast my net in the waters the last couple of challenges.
    Too old to die young.

Quote Originally Posted by colkai View Post
    My entry is going to be not very good, (hey, it is me after all ) ~
    Nonsense! You've turned out some class entries in the past - at least a few that have made me go "oooooh", in a good way.

~ feel terrible I've not had chance to cast my net in the waters the last couple of challenges.
    I know that feeling.
    For me sometimes it is just finding the time, and for some subjects it has been sheer lack of quality ideas. I suppose it is natural that we won't all have an abundance of both time and ideas for every challenge.

Look forwards to seeing what you turn out for this one Colkai.

--
    flakester

Got a little distracted from doing my second entry!
    I'm going to have to wait till the next one.

A Yukon Denali decided it needed to be in the back seat of my car going about 55 mph while I was stopped. The guys comment was "I looked up and I didn't know you stopped for the other cars" MY question was "why the hell weren’t you looking up in the first place!"

Totaled my car, settled on the vehicle cost, still waiting on the medical. I was actually surprised, my Honda Fit only dropped 1K since driving it off the lot 2 ½ years ago. Most cars drop 3K-4K as soon as you drive off the lot.

I seem to be in one piece, not bleeding out my ears or anything like that at least so far

EDIT: Sorry no wires
    Last edited by shadowlock; 02-18-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Xlr8rstudios.com
    Thegiftforlife.com
    Genostim.com

System Specs:
    Custom Built - Threadripper 2990wx, 64gigs mem
    And
    Alienware Laptop

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Ouch, Sorry to hear that, at least you're in one piece.
    Mind you, the lengths some folks will go to to find excuses eh?

(Make sure you don't settle for too little medical wise, I speak from experience when I say the full effect of a crash may only show itself some time later).
    Too old to die young.

Ouch, Sorry to hear that, at least you're in one piece.
    Mind you, the lengths some folks will go to to find excuses eh?
    The funny part about the whole thing is one of the things I do for work is accident reconstruction. So this was a little first hand experience

I am waiting on the medical for a few weeks to see if anything comes up. If anything does happen the partner in my company is a lawyer who specializes is these types of cases and he has a 98% win ratio.

But I think I will be ok, it was last Friday morning when it happened and most of the soreness is going away. I seem to have full mobility and nothing is popping when I move
    Xlr8rstudios.com
    Thegiftforlife.com
    Genostim.com

System Specs:
    And
    Alienware Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlock View Post
    ~ Sorry no wires
    roflmfao!! <--- That is obviously a laugh at your comment, not the situation as a whole.
    Your sense of humour has evidently not been injured!

Glad that you're ok Dude. Here's to a swift and painless settlement of the whole thing.

--
    flakester.

Everything seems to be working out fine. Luckly for me they are really trying to sell cars no matter what. I bought a 07 Saturn Vue fully loaded V6 26k miles with everything except navigation and dvd player for almost half of the blue book value! Clean car history and 75k bumper to bumper warranty.

We have been looking for the last few days and all the delarships we called "just sold it" and "You just missed it" crap for the ones we liked. Stumbled on the one last night and it was listed at $17,500 the bluebook value is listed at $18,500. I told them I had listings of a newer model (which we didn't like the stylings on the new model) for less and we were looking at an 06 (which already sold) for $11,995 (fibbed a bit, it was 12,990 ). I told him I would buy the 07 fully loaded for $11,995. He talked to the dealership manager and they said yes????

So I'm still walking around thinking WTF??

Oh well... right place....right time...really desperate sales guys
    Xlr8rstudios.com
    Thegiftforlife.com
    Genostim.com

System Specs:
    And
    Alienware Laptop

Hey guys... just a note... This thread is not in the main list of weekly challenges... i fianlly bookmarked but the other users may like to have easy access...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89283

Oh, what is the cutoff for this.. like time wise...

shadowlock, really glad u r aok. I was in a really bad accident that caused the death of my best friend and girlfriend (drunk driver broadsided me at about 80-90 mph). Since then i bought big old mercedes benz and will continue to do so as a rule (got a mint condition 1998 wagon with 68,000 miles for 8,000 + 1,500 for 2 year wranty; ppl dont like wagons so they go for next to nothing)... stay away from small little cars that go smoosh. At least while 6,000lb SUV's are still the standard.

BTW, once u get a big mercedes you will have a hard time feeling safe in anything else.
    Last edited by 3DeeNut; 02-04-2009 at 09:24 AM.
    Art is never finished.... only abandoned!
    Visit Me!

Purveyor of Free Models R.Feeney's Avatar
    3DeeNut the deadline is - Wednesday 4th February 2200 GMT.

Glad to see your OK shadowlock

Cutoff time is 10:00pm GMT if I recall rightly, so that leaves roughly five and a half hours remaining for this week.

--
    flakester.

That is basiclly what I did. I went from a Honda Fit (Jazz in Europe and Japan) about 2500 lbs to a SUV 4000 lbs..... I loose the gas mileage going from the fit (36 highway mpg) to the Vue (28 highway mpg).

I had just pulled my kids car seats out since I was going to a meeting. The back seats ended up half way between where they were suppose to and where they origionally were. The one on the passenger side being a rear facing seat would have pushed my friend who is 6'4" into the window or the dashboard.

The funny(?) or not part was my wife was pissed that I had just filled up the tank a the gas station. But they gave me a full tank when I got my new car.
    Xlr8rstudios.com
    Thegiftforlife.com
    Genostim.com

System Specs:
    And
    Alienware Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by flakester View Post
    Cutoff time is 10:00pm GMT if I recall rightly, so that leaves roughly five and a half hours remaining for this week.

--
    flakester.
    But there is 4 hours 16 minutes till the "Announcement" how could you work at a time like this
    Xlr8rstudios.com
    Thegiftforlife.com
    Genostim.com

System Specs:
    And
    Alienware Laptop

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast