Thread: flash media encoder output decapitalizes

flash media encoder output decapitalizes

I have just been testing with the flash media streaming output and it appears as through the Tricaster puts all the stream URL inputs to lower case..

Surely this is a bug.

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    This is indeed a bug which lies within the Adobe command line interpreter. There is some good news on the Flash streaming front, so stay tuned.

-Paul
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

so the problem deepens..

We're (Stream UK) developing a web application that produces config xml file for the most common encoding devices that can be downloaded and run in conjunction with our software. i.e. our software produces .xml that contain a preconfiguring server and stream URLs so users can semi automate the webcast process.

I understand that the Flash: blah blah.xml files contain such stuff as aspect ratio and bit rate but the server url and stream name come from the interface and are stored in the start-up file for the newtek app itself.

Is there a way of overriding the server and stream details with detail stored in the flash: blah balh.xml files?

also what is the eta to this good news you mention and will it be an free upgrade on systems bought in the next few days as we're planning to do?

Thanks,

Joe

Yes, the Flash tastiness is imminent, and is a free upgrade for TriCaster owners using the Update 2.0 software.

Is the new Flash upated going to be Adobe's version 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by neex99 View Post
    is the new flash upated going to be adobe's version 3.0?
    Please. Stand. By.

Newbie Member
    I hope that the new update will resolve the problem we're having with FME and UStream. We used to be able to do live shows using UStream and our Tricaster Studio but it hasn't worked since last friday. We missed two live show as a result of this. We have another show on friday and we'd like to be able to do it live.

Wait. Paul? Did You Really Mean TriCaster "Version 2.0 (Upgrade) "?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lara View Post
    Yes, the Flash tastiness is imminent, and is a free upgrade for TriCaster owners using the Update 2.0 software.
    Ah, Paul! Did you really mean to state...
    "The Flash tastiness is imminent, and is a free upgrade for TriCaster owners using the [new 2.0 VERSION UPGRADE of the TriCaster] software"?

Not nit-picking at all; It's just intrigues me to no end, how frequently the words "Update" and "Upgrade" are being transposed, when discussing TriCaster software variants, at least to this observer.

That said, thought it useful to at least ask specifically, what you meant.

Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 02-04-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet1onTheSet View Post
    Ah, Paul! Did you really mean to state...
    Here's a good differentiation, Pete:

"If your TriCaster records in MPEG-2, then this Update is for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lara View Post
    Here's a good differentiation, Pete:

"If your TriCaster records in MPEG-2, then this Update is for you"
    *There* ya' go!

Indeed.

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Romain View Post
    I hope that the new update will resolve the problem we're having with FME and UStream. We used to be able to do live shows using UStream and our Tricaster Studio but it hasn't worked since last friday. We missed two live show as a result of this. We have another show on friday and we'd like to be able to do it live.
    I have another show to do in one hour and I still haven't found a way to make the stream coming from my Tricaster Studio appear on the Ustream "Broadcast now" panel.

When will the FME in the Tricaster Studio will be updated ?

It has been more than a week since I've been able to do a live show (and I can't even switch back to Mogulus as it makes FME crash).

I am also affected by this I had to go back to the old school way of doing AV to DV converter and a seperate laptop to push the stream. I hope Newtek gets an update out as the video is much better in a direct stream.

Is it just me or did this change happen around the time of the failed Core webcast on UStream?
    I know they are have another webcast today for the 3play on Ustream, guessing this will be using whatever update they keep promising.
    It's a shame Newtek can't be a little more transparent on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by rally1 View Post
    ...It's a shame NewTek can't be a little more transparent on these things.
    I apologize, I'm not trying to be opaque; I would be happy to be as specific as possible.