Thread: Warning for scenes > 1024 objects

Warning for scenes > 1024 objects

If you create a scene with more than 1024 objects everything works fine till you save the scene and try to render it with screamer net. The 1025th and later objects get deactivated (unchecked).

To demonstrate the problem:
    1) in a new scene add a simple object
    2) make 1025 copies.
    3) move or rotate the 1025th object so you can see it apart from the other 1024
    4) save the scene and shutdown lightwave and the hub
    5) open the scene

For me with 9.6 the 1025th object loads unactivated (unchecked in scene manager) so it doesn't render unless you reactivate it. If you try to render with screamer net there is no opportunity to reactivate the object so it just doesn't show up in the output.

Here is a link to the fogbugz report and discussion. I still need someone to confirm if this is a bug or I am crazy.
    John Gutwin
    Pepperchrome

TrueArt Support
    Edit > General Options > Defaults have number of objects that can be handled.. Do you tried increasing this value? In LW v9.3 it's 2000.. a bit less than your 1024..

That might be it. I can't find that option in 9.6.

Edit - I don't think 9.6 has that in options or the config files
    Last edited by jgutwin; 01-23-2009 at 12:02 PM.
    John Gutwin
    Pepperchrome

I've just stumbled across the same problem here :
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94493

Did you contact newtek or have any other feedback about this?...

edit...ignore that last line, i just saw your fog link...
    Last edited by pob; 01-29-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Newtek sent me an email saying;

'We have this fixed internally - will try to keep you informed on what we intend to do.'

I hope they intend to release the fix soon as this ruins the ability to render large scenes with screamernet
    John Gutwin
    Pepperchrome

Thumbs down Tricky situation!

... and were do this put you in a working process with a burning hot deadline?

... sometimes it seems like some people at the forum means that itīs all about the users bad planning when the program doesnīt work properly!

... these comments probably sprouts flourish in environments where deadlines and budgets are not a harsh reality!

Hope you can find a solution... otherwise I feel sorry for your situation!

Quote Originally Posted by jgutwin View Post
    Newtek sent me an email saying;
    'We have this fixed internally - will try to keep you informed on what we intend to do.' I hope they intend to release the fix soon as this ruins the ability to render large scenes with screamernet
    Curious

As a minor update, we've got scenes with >1024 objects rendering in screamernet. It seems like that as long as the saved-file has everything active its okay (maybe do some selection sets to control your active/inactive lists), its just when LW 9.5/9.6 loads its up that everything over 1024 gets made inactive.