Thread: Mediaman

Mediaman

Always envied the fact that Mac users have Delicious Library which will never be ported to the PC.

So I'm glad someone decided to answer the prayers of many a Windows user with Mediaman.

Couldn't get the bar code scanner part working (my webcam can't focus on things close) but typing in the name was probably just as quick.

Not sure what my games and DVD collection say about my taste / state of mind, but it was fun seeing them in the collection like this!

My DVD collection looks much more impressive in the flesh!

P.S. I have no idea how Poseidon came to be in there, I never bought it!

P.P.S. Charlie's Angels was a bit a duff purchase too, but I can remember clearly why I bought it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Movie Collection.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	68124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Games Collection.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	68125  
    Last edited by Matt; 01-12-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

I prefer DVD Profiler for my DVD collection (not much in the way of games/books with me here in China).

It allows you to enter the DVD into the collection using the UPC (barcode number), Disc ID, or manually. Profiles are updated all the time, and you can update them yourself as well. I've been using it on and off for years, and I love it. It's PC and Windows Mobile compatible (two different versions - both payed for) but you only pay the $29.95 once ($18.95 for mobile version, but they can be synchronized), and get a lifetime of upgrades included.

The free version is fully functional until you input more than 50 DVDs into the collection, then it becomes feature limited, but is still a useful catalogue. Also has tracking information for if you loan out your movies to friends.

http://www.invelos.com/
    Cheers,
    Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805

http://www.malcolmkenworthy.co.uk/

Mediaman does all what you say, but I prefer the interface to it (essentially a rip from Delicious Library 2).
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek