Thread: Vue 7 question

Heffalump

Vue 7 question

Vue 6 and Ozone 3 both suffer from issues around their integration in LW's volumetric pipeline - LW-based volumetrics (e.g. Hypervoxels) don't receive any contribution from Vue's fog/haze or clouds.

Can someone with Vue 7 Xstream test to see if this has been addressed? It should be enough to stick a simple HV sphere (not even a volume or sprite) in a scene containing heavy Vue fog/haze and/or to look down through a cloud layer at the sphere. What you're looking for is the sphere to be shaded appropriately. If Vue 7 still behaves like Vue 6/Ozone 3, the HV sphere will stand out like a sore thumb.

Thanks!
    Inactive.

Banned
    Hi Phil,

What you are looking for it is for example and HV sphere beign cut when it is half of it in the middle of clouds? I am not sure if I understood what you wanted to accomplish.

But I think you will have more luck if you post your question on the forums for LW open beta. You know the NDA !

David

Heffalump
    That's correct.

The volumetric issue is e-on's, not NewTek's. e-on have previously stated as much. NewTek's NDA doesn't apply here, unless Vue 7 relies on an unreleased version of LW.....which I wasn't aware of.
    Inactive.