Thread: Bump map and car paint

Bump map and car paint

I'm trying to get the car paint material in the node editor to accept a bump map. I have a grayscale image i did in photoshop that needs to be mapped on the model using UV's. When i make an image node and load the image and connect it's bump output to the bump input on the car paint material node nothing seems to happen. When i connect the same image node to the bump on the final surface node it works.
    Is there something specific i need to do to get the actual car paint material node to accept the bump ?

This might be a bug, but in any case, the car paint material is only available in the 9.5.1 beta and this ought to be discussed in the beta forums.
    8x2.8 Mac Pro, 8 GB RAM, Radeon 2600XT, Mac OS X 10.5.6 (previously: G5 Quad)
    Caution: tech-savvy artist in full-on geek mode. May obsess over technical challenges until solved.

And where are the beta forums ?

Quote Originally Posted by larkis View Post
    And where are the beta forums ?
    Sign up for Open Beta on your registration page and the beta forums magically appear at the bottom of the forum topics.

Quote Originally Posted by larkis View Post
    Is there something specific i need to do to get the actual car paint material node to accept the bump ?
    There's a value named Paint Bump Height that by default is set at 0%. Clearcoat Bump Height is by default 100%. Depending on your setup, you might need to set a value for the Paint Bump Height.
    8x2.8 Mac Pro, 8 GB RAM, Radeon 2600XT, Mac OS X 10.5.6 (previously: G5 Quad)
    Caution: tech-savvy artist in full-on geek mode. May obsess over technical challenges until solved.