Thread: 3D Arsenal Upgrade

3D Arsenal Upgrade

Just wondering if there is any idea when the 2.0 version that was talked about at NAB may come out?

Thanks,
    Marty

Interesting that I didn't get a reply on this question. It's almost NAB time again and not a word on what's happening with this product. Is the upgrade that was talked about last year at NAB vaporware or is it really going to happen?

Marty

I agree, some kind of information should be passed along to their loyal customers - since they ALREADY announced its coming ! I've been using newtek products since 3 color wheel "digi view" LOL. always been more then happy with their products, but hard to make any plans on future purchases, when no information is being given.
    SO how about atleast a hint of release date???

bob s

I hope that Newtek's acquisition of Toaster Dudes' 3DA didnt cause it to be put on the back burner. I know that Don and Ralph were doing great stuff before they returned to Newtek.

Sorry for the delay guys.
    We are releaseing a new Sports Ammo pack for 3D Arsenal and LightWave users very soon. We also have a 1.5 patch pretty close so it should also come within 60 days or so I hope.

Please know we are still working on it but TriCaster and other new products have delayed us quite a bit.

Please be patient and we will get this new stuff out as soon as we can.

Long live 3DA!
    Don Ballance
    Director of Training for NewTek
    Co-creator of Newtek's Award Winning 3D Arsenal

[email protected]

don,

Thanks for the response. We know, sometimes its hard to release any timetable as things get delayed for various reasons. But., hopefully everyone on this board understands that and simply use your input as a rough guideline for their own planning.
    so thanks again

Bob S

Yeah. I just think users freak out when they dont hear anything. They panic and wonder how long they should wait to start a certain project based on what was promised (or semi-promised) to them. I am almost completely abandoning Newtek for a few reasons (mainly because of the omission of real slo-mo among other things) so I do not wait have much interest of what they are offering. My VT5 package is still sealed since I got it a couple of years ago. I do love 3DA though so I will keep using it (with LW) and output it to avi with other NLE's.

Thanks Don for the update. Glad to hear it's still being worked on. I can understand some folks having to move on to other products due to missing features they need. Fortunately, for Newtek, I don't have that option. Money for hardware and software comes slow for me and I use the Newtek products at home and work. Plus, I don't want to have to start over and learn a new product.

Keep it coming.

Marty