Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great White Shark

Great White Shark

Hi Everyone!

I've been wanting to do an underwater scene for a while, so I thought a shark would be pretty cool to animate in it. Here's my progress so far. I haven't really modeled any of the mouth yet -that should be fun. I'm planning on doing some really nice texturing to it... hopefully.

-Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's lookin really good man...can't wait to see more.

ThreeDBFX

Nice smooth model. Can't wait to see the teeth of this baby !

Renato

yeah that would be cool if you had a few war wounds, maybe some chunks of flesh hanging off or even some rotting flesh. Whether that's realistic in salt water doesn't really matter, it would look cool though.

I think I'm letting my fetish for raw flesh get the better of me, I also have a fetish for james vanderbeek and shopping malls but that's another story.

oliver

mmm nice one can't wait to see a baby in it's teeth

Lookin good bro. Why don't you have him eat your raptor?

why don't you have James Vanderbeek riding him through a mall... ya, know, to make Skarab happy.

["that boy ain't right"]
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

Looks good! I'd like to see a more perspective view. Working at seaworld as I did during my college days just a few crits:

All 350 or so species with a few exceptions have five gill slits.

The caudal peduncle ($2.00 word for area just in front of the tail) looks odd to me.

And it looks like there may be some pinching aound the corner of the mouth.

I know it's a wip so there's my 2 cents.

Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by hunter; 08-08-2003 at 05:25 PM.
    64 bit Win 7 Enterprise
    Dual Intel(R) Xeon Quad Core 2.93GHz
    RAM 24.0 GB
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800
    Driver Version 259.81

Thanks for the comments everyone. No modeling updates yet, but here's a couple of perspective views for hunter.

----------

ThreeDBFX & renatolazzaroni:
    Thanks. Hopefully, more to come soon.

skarab:
    I'm glad the Vanderbeek influence is apparent. I honestly didn't think anyone would catch that.

riki:
    A dancing James Vanderbeek baby in its teeth animation is currently in development.

Mike:
    Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a try.

dwburman:
    If it hadn't been done a thousand times before, I'd be all over it.

hunter:
    I bet SeaWorld would be a fun place to work. Thanks a bunch for the crits. I totally agree. I was trying to cheat and have just 4 gill slits, but I guess you're not going to let me. I'll add another. The pinching in the mouth is because the geometry stops there. (I haven't gotten to the mouth yet.) Thanks again for the help. That's exactly the feedback I was hoping for. Here's a perspective view for you.

----------

Hopefully, I'll have some time this weekend to do some more work.

-Rob

Another two cents
    Also was thinking how cool would it be to have motion designer put on the gills. Might have to try something like that myself if I get time. Keep posting. really like your work. Still trying to my dino up and running so to speak.
    Last edited by hunter; 08-12-2003 at 12:04 PM.
    64 bit Win 7 Enterprise
    Dual Intel(R) Xeon Quad Core 2.93GHz
    RAM 24.0 GB
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800
    Driver Version 259.81

I like it. Really cool. There is pinching at the end of the mouth. It looks like there may be a little where the side fin (sorry! I don't know my terminology for sharks) meets with the body. Maybe fix up the gills also.

It will look good textured. Animating may be a little difficult (for me anyway). Please show more.

marvin

Finally an update...

Here's a few test renders of what I have done so far (with TEMPORARY procedural textures.) The final will have UV maps and most likely procedurals as well. I haven't modeled the top teeth yet. More to come...

------------------------------

Hunter:
    Thanks for taking the time to illustrate the caudal peduncle thingy. I watched a shark program on Discovery the other day and paid close attention to that area. You were right on. Thanks again, and be sure and post your dino.

Marvin:
    Thanks. The pinching in the mouth was because I just hadn't done that area yet. I worked on the gills. They still need a little work.

-Rob

Rob,

You are great at the texturing. It made it look a hundred times better. Still looks as though a couple of MINOR model things need to be fixed, but this is excellent. Once again, I am amazed at your work level. Always a fan.

marvin

mmm the texturing does make a huge difference. Even though it looks very metalic, maybe something to watch out for when your doing the UVs.

Howdy Rob

Nice shark, commings along very well !
    My thought is that you should setup an under water lighting (without yellow) and then fix your map.

Keep it up !
    You are a pluggin
    About me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast