Thread: Bump Node Question

Bump Node Question

So after reading many threads I'm aware of how to combine multiple bump nodes together to get various combinations.

I was wondering how you might be able to drive one bump node with another.

Example...

I have a veins texture which I wanted to soften up the veins to make them a little less linear.

So I drop a ripple texture in hoping I can get the vein bumps to distort a little with the ripple. However, all my attempts end up with a combination of the two where I can see the ripple effect inside the areas surrounded by the veins.

I would like the ripple effect to drive the veins pattern so they are a bit wavier, is this possible using nodes?

Try feeding the ripple texture into the 'position' input of the vein texture. Adjust the 'opacity' within the ripple node to determine the amount of influence.
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!

Wow that was so simple I am a little ashamed of even posting the question.

Nodes are going to require a thought process change for me. Here I am focusing on all the bump inputs that I completely ignored all the other inputs.

Now that I see them it's like "duh" even though I have known they have been there the whole time, grrr.

Thanks so much

Well I didn't know until someone told me, so I'm just passing it along. Glad it helped.
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!