Thread: Another DS Sketch...and a crude animation "sketch"

Another DS Sketch...and a crude animation "sketch"

I've been lax about posting any DS Colors! sketches as of late. Has anyone used the version for the ipodtouch and iphone? Just wondering if it's any better- as in the device is easier to use etc.

Anyway- here's the sketch...

PS- beware of the new iDS- right now there are no flash cards (like the R4DS) supported on it...stick with the old guy or get an iphone/ipod touch!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elvesmarchonhighrock.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	65914  
    Last edited by wacom; 11-13-2008 at 06:19 PM.

So here is the latest and not so quiet so greatest Animanatee sketch animation. There are some serious weak parts timing and pose wise (lack of dynamism/curves) that unfortunately can't be blamed on the program...and I'm not even getting into volume issues etc.

Anyway- for me it's a very small personal milestone of sorts as far as hand drawn animation goes, but please- if anyone has any crits they are more than welcome. It's much easier for me to take a crit on something I scribbled out on a DS than something I slaved away on in three-DDD! I'm talking any kind of advice you can give a noob animator!

Let's put it this way- I'm in the first grade when it comes to this kind of animation. That also means I'm thrilled like a kid would be over seeing animated scribbles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir7v6-OVLVU

The rest of them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gidkideon

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wacom View Post
    I've been lax about posting any DS Colors! sketches as of late. Has anyone used the version for the ipodtouch and iphone? Just wondering if it's any better- as in the device is easier to use etc.

Anyway- here's the sketch...
    WHOA. That is nice.

All this on an NDS.

Hey Wacom,

The animation was fun! Nice illustration too.

As for the iPhone/iTouch version of Colors!, I haven't used it, but I understand that these devices do not have pressure sensitivity. Jens somehow worked around this by taking advantage of the devices' accelerometer, which I don't quite get how that works, but I'm seeing very nice work done with it over at the Colors! gallery. I guess it's one of those things you just have to try yourself to understand.

(I've been trying to get a friend to install it on his iPhone but he hasn't done it yet.)

I have Colors! on my ipod touch and it works fine, it's not as easy as I can imagine it is on a pressure sensitive screen, you also have to draw with your index finger and it's a little big so it's quite hard to do precise details. Other than that it's just fine, you get used to it quite fast, I enjoy it very much.

Edit: Sorry Wacom, I forgot to say something about your great work, it's very nice.

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    Dude, that is seriously amazing. I don't know how you do it, but you have some mad skills.

Got any other groovy shizbots you can show?

Cool Animations dude!

wow, you done all of that on the DSs' tiny screen ? o_o

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampei View Post
    wow, you done all of that on the DSs' tiny screen ? o_o
    Cool huh?

You can zoom in and such. It's actually pretty neat to work on.