Thread: licensing

licensing

I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with the lightwave 9 licensing, I would like to run lightwave on my Laptop as well as my desktop, but am unsure whether I would be violating the terms.

YT.

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    You can use LW on any machine that you attach your dongle to first. Be it PC or mac.

You can install LightWave on 10 or 20 machines if you want to. There is no violation as to how many installs you can have. But only the machine with the Dongle connected will work. So you can only run one copy at a time.

So take care with your dongle. Don't let it get broken or stolen.

You can run Screamernet on up to 999 machines, for rendering, no dongle required.

So.. What happens if it's lost in a fire, for instance?! Or an earthquake that makes anything in the room.. sort of.. destroyed?
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by OlaHaldor View Post
    So.. What happens if it's lost in a fire, for instance?! Or an earthquake that makes anything in the room.. sort of.. destroyed?
    Make sure your insurance covers it.
    And keep it safe!

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    I'd be more upset that my workstation, external drives, monitor, speakers, books, toys, CD's and guitars were destroyed than a dongle for a fairly cheap piece of software

....and that's just assuming that it was the office that got destroyed, if it was the house...well, there'd be a hell of a lot more important things than a dongle

Assuming I really don't have a life and all I do is training myself to be able to do some 3D animation and compositing in Shake, and besides this, working towards the grand title and position in a production house as a 'colorist'..

The only things I'd care about is the dongle (software is downloadable..), harddrive with the object/scene files and my cat.
    3D Generalist

Quote Originally Posted by OlaHaldor View Post
    Assuming I really don't have a life and all I do is training myself to be able to do some 3D animation and compositing in Shake, and besides this, working towards the grand title and position in a production house as a 'colorist'..

The only things I'd care about is the dongle (software is downloadable..), harddrive with the object/scene files and my cat.
    ...and if your cat's name was 'dongle', you'd have to worry about two dongles then!

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    quite a cool name for a cat!

Haha! Nice! I'll name my next cat Dongle. My current cat has the cutest name - Melua, after the artist
    3D Generalist

I think I have read on the forums here that a replacement dongle can be purchased, but they are like $200.

Hmm.. I'll wait till LW10 comes before I accidentally burn down the house then, and spend the replacement dongle money on LW10, get a new house built and be my cats hero for saving her from the fire.
    3D Generalist