Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Vue 7 Released today

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    GA,SC,NC
    Posts
    300

    Vue 7 Released today

    WOW. Beautiful Stuff. Vue 7
    be a billionaire, share your wealth

  2. #2
    Caged but Happy lwaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    947
    Caviat emptor.
    (I'm sure I'm misspelled that, LOL)
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    GA,SC,NC
    Posts
    300
    I have come to the realization that VUE has no competition.
    be a billionaire, share your wealth

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    GA,SC,NC
    Posts
    300
    In the DEMo video, I love the part where the plane comes out of the cloud and streaks across the sky. Just beautiful
    be a billionaire, share your wealth

  5. #5
    Caged but Happy lwaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by guardonduty View Post
    I have come to the realization that VUE has no competition.
    Can't argue with that...despite all their problems. :agree:

    But then...I think that's the start of their problems.

    Crossing my fingers so tight they're bleeding...
    PLEASE LET THIS VERSION WORK JUST A LITTLE SMOOTHLY EH?
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

  6. #6
    they claim faster rendering.
    Lets hope so, it can't get slower, right??
    :lwicon: [B]Adam A. Dailide[/B]
    [email][email protected][/email]
    [url]www.studio-render.com[/url]

  7. #7
    Caged but Happy lwaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    947
    Rendering does appear to be faster...much faster...

    but many of the last revs bugs are being reported again...and then some.

    But again, most issues are not with the standalone versions.

    Used in post for layers...this is a powerful tool...
    Used as integrated with your software...this becomes and education in Jerry rigging.

    I told myself I wouldn't buy the next rev...
    well...
    I'm about to regardless of the issues.

    This thing's like crack for CGI people...
    we all want to believe this will work for us, so we a keep a comin' back.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

  8. #8
    Evil Bastard Incorporated
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Head Office
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by guardonduty View Post
    I have come to the realization that VUE has no competition.
    I'd wait until Terragen 2 comes out before you say that for sure
    This little chapter in history is over, ended, finito, no more, an ex chapter.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    GA,SC,NC
    Posts
    300
    isn't Targen 2 already out. Pretty impressive.
    be a billionaire, share your wealth

  10. #10
    May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew March View Post
    I'd wait until Terragen 2 comes out before you say that for sure
    I wish they'd hurry up and finish it ready for a full release, what is coming out of the previews just looks better and better...

    http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/...snap2.jpg.html

    http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/...final.jpg.html

    http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/..._tg19.jpg.html

    http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/...ane_2.jpg.html

    Nick
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

    Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

  11. #11
    Registered User Andyjaggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,327
    Yeah there is some impressive looking stuff on their site. I don't see any animations though, and since Vue it fabulous for stills i still don't think I would switch.

  12. #12
    Caged but Happy lwaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    947
    None of the stills for T2 impressed me enough to switch either...
    but the point is that so long as it exists and has the potential to catch up to Vue...
    then E-On just might take fixing all their bugs a little more seriously and stop pretending that the big shops aren't using it as a post layer tool instead of a fully integraded app...which seems to be the illusion.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

  13. #13
    Lead Character Artist kfinla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Insomniac Games Burbank
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by lwaddict View Post
    Rendering does appear to be faster...much faster...

    This thing's like crack for CGI people...
    we all want to believe this will work for us, so we a keep a comin' back.
    Totally agree, i've been wanting to get and use it since version 5.. but keep hearing all the issues and holding off.. I want it to work, i really do

  14. #14
    May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by kfinla View Post
    Totally agree, i've been wanting to get and use it since version 5.. but keep hearing all the issues and holding off.. I want it to work, i really do
    I was just using it again recently after a break (version 6)...

    I''d forgotten about it's inconsistent response to minimise (sometimes the whole thing comes back when it starts a new frame, sometimes just the render frame, either way its pointless and annoying), also forgot about the moronic way it drops its own process priority so it's pretty much guaranteed to slow to a crawl....
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

    Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

  15. #15
    Caged but Happy lwaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    947
    But it's hard not to keep checking on them...E-On...

    Because...if...oh if, this works like they promise someday...
    it'll be a slice of magic and we'd buy it at twice the price, no question.

    Starbase...
    Wait'll you see the wonders of the plants moving around on thier own based on your cameras position when flying across an infinite ecosystem. LOL. Seriously. Each frame is created like there was no last frame. LOL.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •