Thread: Converting files to EPSF

Converting files to EPSF

I have 3D Arsenal with Lightwave 7.5. I have been attempting to import a logo in modeler and extruding it. But when I go to import it, I get error message, unknown file format, not recognized by this format converter. I have tried Photoshop psd, bmp, jpg, and tga, all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was under the impression it would automatically convert, obviously I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

Nothing ado about much Exception's Avatar
    You can use the import -> epsf loader in modeler.
    I usually save as an old .ai file, then it always works.

The file also needs to be a VECTOR EPS file to work. It can't work with a raster eps file - such as a photo saved as an EPS out of photoshop, etc...

So if you're starting with a JPG for example, you'll need to either re-draw it or trace it in Illustrator or re-draw it right in LW.

Nothing ado about much Exception's Avatar
    Oh yeah, good point Jeffry, if its an image use live trace in Illustrator, explode it and save it as an old version AI file.

Yeah, Illustrator's Live Trace usually does a nice job on a clean file. Don't be surprised if you need to do some clean up after the trace if it's a complicated object it will probably be easier to clean up in Illustrator rather than LW, but I suppose that depends on what software you feel more comfortable with.