Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newtek Authorized Instructors

Newtek Authorized Instructors

I have asked this question many times and never got a full answer back from Newtek. Maybe I can try this forum now.
    On this page:
    http://www.newtek.com/community/training/atc.html
    I notice that they have newtek certified courses taught by Newtek Authorized Instructors. I am an instructor at a college teaaching Lightwave and would love to be Authorized. How do you become a Newtek Authorized Intructor?!!

Thanks.
    Life is like a midget at a urinal, you are
    always reaching for the top.

Just moving the thread up. I can't seem to get a reply on this issue.

Just moving the thread up. I can't seem to get a reply on this issue.

Id contact William.

Contact Dan Ablan.
    He posted somewhere about this.
    I've taken his courses (in person) and they are excellent. He is clearly the best LW instructor out there. Perhaps he can help you - I know he's great about replying to people.

Maybe contact Chuck or Proton at NewTek too.

SB

Hey Jvavra,
    Ive also taught Lightwave at the college level out in New Mexico and Ive also taught in other schools and many seminars around the country. I was teaching some classes for Newtek at San Antonio college during Siggraph there. The classes were well attended and turned out very well. I also taught some Lightwave classes this Siggraph at the Art Institute down in San Diego and a Lightwave 8 class along with Jen Hachigian at Siggraph. I have a few ideas about teaching this stuff so when you have a chance drop me an email. I have an Intro to Lightwave Course that is doing quite well and is being used as far away as New Zealand. It works out quite in a classroom situation because it focusses on realworld sort of tasks; modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, storyboarding, animating and visual f/x but all completely project based. Take care!

Newbie Member
    Originally posted by SplineGod
    I have an Intro to Lightwave Course that is doing quite well and is being used as far away as New Zealand.
    I can vouch for that

Larry is a first class instructor and his courseware is worth every penny - the best money I have ever spent on LW training!.
    Nuff said.

Andy

dynamics...so much fun ;) prospector's Avatar
    what is an 'authorized instructor' ???

I've been doing this since ver 3 and the toaster too

because I am not an 'authorized instructor' I can't have someone come over to learn LW ??

Since when does a piece of paper that says you are 'authorized' make someone better?

Was B. Gates 'Authorized' when he started MS. ?

Was even T. Jennison 'Authorized' when he developed the Toaster ?

I think I would rather have anyone (plumber, woodworker,electrition, car mechanic), that has been doing his job for 10 or 20 years and never went to be 'Authorized' than someone a week out of a school for any of the above with a piece of paper that says he has been 'authorized'
    Skype...lost_in_3d_space

Sager
    I7-4800 OC'd to 3.3 GHz
    12G 1600mhz mem
    GTX 765M , 765 cores 1.5 Gig mem
    256 gigs raided SSD drive

Thanks Andy! I appreciate the comments.
    Prospector,
    If youre a good instructor thats what mainly counts. I think the "authorized" part was mainly targetted at dealers who may not have known VT3 or LW very well and Newtek wanted to make sure that they had received training that they felt was covering what the dealer needed to know.

Hello all,

Thank you so much for responding. I have been trying to get some answers from Newtek for about 4 months through phone calls and emails, so I figured the forums would be my last resort. By doing this though, William did respond to me saying he would check out what is going on with this matter.

SplineGod: I will e-mail you. thanks.

Prospector: I too started out with version 3 in Lightwave and also know various other major 3d packages. I am teaching Lightwave at a college level and have been doing it for over 3 years. No I don't need a piece of paper telling me whether or not I can do my job correctly. SplineGod was right about getting "authorized". It is primarily for college I am working for. They want to be on the Newtek page for authorized dealers. Newtek just won't let anybody up on their page.

As an instructor I am always striving to be better than I was the day before. By looking at other courseware from other lighwave teachers, I can get a better ideas on how to present the material in different and more imaginative ways.

I went to Larry's Tour at the beginning of the year and it was great. Everything was presented in a manner of "doesn't really make sense, OHHHH thats what you meant". I love that way of teaching and I add it within my own teaching methods. I love hearing OHHH from students. It is the greatest feeling.

Thanks all for the positive responses.

Hey jvavra, glad you liked it. I enjoy teaching this stuff thats for sure.

Ahhh
    for dealers
    thanks

read my post again and maby it sounded a little mean, and didn't mean it to be that way.

Strange tho, as there was/is an opening at the local college here for a LW instructor.

But they want someone that is 'authorized' but even need a Bachelors degree.

A bachelors degree to teach LW ??????
    they have bachelors degrees in LW now??

Think I will start my own classes and take the collage money they charge away from them by only charging half as much as them.

I don't think it really takes a college degree to teach this program, and I will show people how to go from building models and take them all the way to putting the finished stuff into film with the VT2 for less than what the college charges for both classes.

oops getting grumpy again..gotta stop that
    But this is California tho, so there may be different laws in this country.
    Skype...lost_in_3d_space

Sager
    I7-4800 OC'd to 3.3 GHz
    12G 1600mhz mem

Prospector, it's not a slam arbitrarily made against guys who can do this with their eyes closed but who don't have a degree.
    The degree can be in Basketweaving.

The colleges just want whoever teaches to have a Bachelors Degree because it is a minimum credential requirement for instructors at the College level (as mandated by the boards oversee the university curriculum).

At such places, it also is desirable for a program to be taught by an Authorized Instructor in order to make students feel like the instructor has been checked out by SOMEONE who know whether they're qualified to TEACH. It's not automatic that a LWer's going to be good at communicating the techniques well, just cause they have a good reel.

Ohhh
    comunicating..
    not good
    I got no patience

OK thanks all
    Skype...lost_in_3d_space

Sager
    I7-4800 OC'd to 3.3 GHz
    12G 1600mhz mem

Hey Jvavra,

feel free to contact me personally if you need any questions answered. I'm online all the time, or just call my office at 847.755.4488.

I've been teaching LightWave since 1994, with columns in magazines since then as well, including Video Toaster User, LightWave Pro, and 3D Design, as well as articles in 3D World magazine. I'm now Editor of Keyframe Magazine in addition to daily animation work and authorized training at AGA Digital Studios, Inc in Chicago. I've worked with NewTek on their World Training Tours, and demoed for them at trade shows.

But also, I'm now working on my 7th LightWave book for New Riders Publishing. These books are to date the best selling LightWave books around the globe, in Japan, Germany, Spain, Italy, Poland, and even France. You can get up to date training through any of my 15 videos through Class On Demand.net as well, in which I host LightWave videos. No other instructor of LightWave can offer you this.

Additionally, I've created 3D Garage.com, and our Signature Course has done extremely well, as we've trained people in Germany, Switzerland, Australia, Japan, Spain, the United Kingdom, and of course many in the United States. Feel free to download an hour and a half of the course at www.3dgarage.com - you can also read just a few of the repsonses we've received from our students.

Hope to work with you soon.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by dablan; 08-10-2003 at 09:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast