Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction to Flakes

Introduction to Flakes

Introduction to Flakes:
    Right-Click Here to save

Not trying to sound too flakey, but... you rock!

The light went on for me after James let me in on the "Big" secret to flakes...that changed everything for me with the Flakes texture...very cool stuff!

Help!!!

I'm right clicking on "Right-Click Here to save", but the "Save target as" option is grayed out. Is this a problem on my end?

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

Quote Originally Posted by THREEL View Post
    Help!!!

I'm right clicking on "Right-Click Here to save", but the "Save target as" option is grayed out. Is this a problem on my end?

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

strange...works here in Firefox and IE

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamVaughan View Post
    strange...works here in Firefox and IE
    I'm working in IE. Could there possiblely be something in my internet options that maybe accidentally got shut off that would cause me not to be able to save something like this?

you can try just clicking on it to open it with your browser then once it's open just do a "save as..." and make sure you save with a .mov extension.
    ASUS G2S | T7500 C2Duo @ 2.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 256MB NVidia 8600M GT | Win 7 Home 64Bit

AMD X6 1090T @ 3.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 1.2GB NVidia 470GTX | Win 7 Pro 64Bit

I keep telling my wife, "why rent a movie when we can watch William's awesome tutorial videos?" We ended up getting a romantic comedy. LOL Guess she's not quite the animation junky as I am.
    Graphic Designer & 3D Textures
    -Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8-core | 3TB HD | 12GB RAM | Dell Ultrasharp 2707 | ATI Radeon HD 5770

Really cool video.
    For some reason, I felt like i was rediscovering nodes again watching that... so many possibilities, my heads fryin!

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcomposer View Post
    I keep telling my wife, "why rent a movie when we can watch William's awesome tutorial videos?" We ended up getting a romantic comedy. LOL Guess she's not quite the animation junky as I am.

ROFL...that just made my day!

The fact that flakes, crackle, crumple, and crust all line up is intriguing...

You know why I love these videos? I always pick up little things that are not the main topic! I just never realized you could input another texture into the position to 'roughen' up an existing texture! I needed to do that last week but couldn't figure it out!

Thanks again, William!

Interesting, after watching this video and render a frame with MC radiosity, I noticed that when the multiplier option is on (25% in my case) the radiosity samples calculation is very similar to the flakes pattern...is that right?
    Moro num pais tropical...
    Discerne.com - personal blog

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffrySG View Post
    You know why I love these videos? I always pick up little things that are not the main topic! I just never realized you could input another texture into the position to 'roughen' up an existing texture! I needed to do that last week but couldn't figure it out!

Thanks again, William!
    Same here, I use texture displace a lot but wasn't sure how to achieve the same thing with nodes.

It would be great to have a bunch of basic node tutorials because I'm still not using them anywhere near as much as I should. I still find the layers easier to work with despite loving the power of the node system...I don't quite 'get' how certain nodes are supposed to work or where they should be plugged in and use them more-or-less like layers (basically, in a long winded way).

Have you watche dteh Node videos that are on the LW site... quite a few.

There have also been some good Node articles in HDRI3D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast