Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Run video in reverse in speedit

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    So the question remains, is the Playback Speed available in the Control Tree of Edit Media?
    Nope.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Henning View Post
    I have not delved into Jose's idea.

But Chen's idea works. He typed saved as .vtd. but I did not see that option, but I did see VTP. I think that's what he meant.
    Well, when you drag a clip from timeline into filebin, it will be saved as .VTD file. It is a easy way to save clip's properties (only) into a file.
    Last edited by animlab; 03-01-2009 at 07:25 PM.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Here is a dirty way to add Properties Panel to TC's EditMedia and you can have Reverse feature at once.

Please note that you do this with your own risk.

You need SpeedEdit's skin files.

Here are the steps:

1. Copy EditPanel directory from SpeedEDIT (C:\Program Files\NewTek\SpeedEDIT\Skins\VideoEditor\) into TriCaster (C:\TriCaster\SkinsPro3\VideoEditor\).

2. Use NotePad.exe or any text editor to edit C:\TriCaster\SkinsPro3\BlackBoxDesktop\MediaEdit_T ab\MainWindow\Main\Common Support\Kbd.ToasterScript.

3. Add following line at the bottom of that ToasterScript.
    CreateShortCut("F8", code(ToggleEdit()), "OrderedFocus", KbdPriority)

4. Save script file.

That is. Launch your TriCaster, goto EditMedia, drag a clip into timeline, select that clip, PRESS F8 key, and you will have properties panel pop out. Check the Revsrse feature in the panel and you have the clip play backward at once.

Again, you do this with your own risk.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Jose,

I don't see playback speed anywhere in TCP Edit Media.

I am trying to achieve clip reverse for a client who does NOT have SE or a VT. They want to do this on the machine, and not import/export/reimport the clip.

I can do the trick anywhere with a newtek product, except Edit media, and that is by design. I am really surprised that the project method that Chen suggestted actually worked. Why do you think saving a preset won't work? That would be most simple.

Kurt,

Since there is no playback speed feature in EditMedia in TC, a preset of -100% speed will not work. Also, reverse function in properties panel never show in ToolShed-user preset.

The reverse playback feature is in EditMedia but was hidden by NewTek. Both my medthod can let you get the reverse feature in TC. VTD method (thread #9,17) need to work with SpeedEDIT. The skin patch method (thread #18 above) can let you use reverse playback anytime.
    Last edited by animlab; 03-02-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

REVERSE CLIP Would Make for a Nifty Addition to EDIT MEDIA

Well, apart from my own desire for REVERSE CLIP on the TriCaster STUDIO (older version 1.0 w/update 2) -- another associate/owner needs me to tell him how to effect REVERSE CLIP in his Version 2.0 TriCaster STUDIO.

Why? He doesn't want to go outside his fantastic Black Box, fearing that would force him to further dumb down the image quality of his clean, 4:2:0 MPEG-2 Intra clip, with which he wants to perform some compositing, via chroma keying in post!

I honestly suspect that REVERSE CLIP is a function that's not too far from basic, for a modern NLE. Anybody think otherwise?
    Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 03-02-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Good Question, Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    So in short [re: REVERSE CLIP capability], I have a great idea. How about NewTek give us this option!
    Probably not the top on my priority list, but I wonder if it's easily doable?
    Hmmmm. It'd be awfully nice, if it *is* quite easy to enable REVERSE function, before the Update hits the Downloads area. After all, the utter *depth* that EDIT MEDIA in TriCaster STUDIO (versions 1.0 update 2, and also 2.0) does currently offer the user, so as to alter many, many parameters of your audio and video clips (via both the CONTROL panel, and ToolShed), REVERSE CLIP functionality enabled, would be appropriate indeed. JMHO.
    Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 03-02-2009 at 05:50 PM.

I like this!

Quote Originally Posted by animlab View Post
    Here is a dirty way to add Properties Panel to TC's EditMedia and you can have Reverse feature at once.

Please note that you do this with your own risk.

You need SpeedEdit's skin files.

Here are the steps:

1. Copy EditPanel directory from SpeedEDIT (C:\Program Files\NewTek\SpeedEDIT\Skins\VideoEditor\) into TriCaster (C:\TriCaster\SkinsPro3\VideoEditor\).

2. Use NotePad.exe or any text editor to edit C:\TriCaster\SkinsPro3\BlackBoxDesktop\MediaEdit_T ab\MainWindow\Main\Common Support\Kbd.ToasterScript.

3. Add following line at the bottom of that ToasterScript.
    CreateShortCut("F8", code(ToggleEdit()), "OrderedFocus", KbdPriority)

4. Save script file.

That is. Launch your TriCaster, goto EditMedia, drag a clip into timeline, select that clip, PRESS F8 key, and you will have properties panel pop out. Check the Revsrse feature in the panel and you have the clip play backward at once.

Again, you do this with your own risk.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Jeff,

Did you try it on your TC?
    I dug that feature out on my TriCaster Studio demo unit. It works great for me, not only reverse, but also playback speed and other properties features. I even find out how to add spline into Edit Media....

I don't know if it works on other models or not but I guess it should work.

Billy, Steve, Kurt, Jose and Q1, did you try it or not?
    IMHO, NewTek will not add those features back. TC, VT and SE are shareing program codes or core. NewTek just change or remove some features on some products and they become different. It is marketing issues to leave rooms on different version of products. NewTek will ask customer to purchase SpeedEDIT or choose VT if they need reverse playback feature. As a dealer, I will help TC users to restore reverse playback feature in TC at one condition that they buy a copy of SpeedEDIT.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Wow Chen.

This is huge. What a great thing to find out. I can follow the directions, but are we breaking our license? Steve has joined this thread, but does this violate any part of our software agreement? All of my TC posse would be thrilled with this feature.

I know that Newtek left it out on purpose, and I wish they had decided otherwise. I have time in the studio today, so I plan on giving it a shot. I have the TCP v2.

I also have 2 VT 5.2b installs, and 3 SpeedEDITs at StudioK (the smallest of the Avalon edit suites, in KansASS)

When I am not using the TC, I use EditProp all day long in an edit.

I will give you a response after I follow your instructions.

Thanks for sharing Chen, and thanks to Jef for leading me to the revisitation of the topic.

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animlab View Post
    Jeff,
    Billy, Steve, Kurt, Jose and Q1, did you try it or not?
    Sorry Chen but I do not own a TriCaster.

Nice work on your part Chen to find this

Take care,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Sorry Chen but I do not own a TriCaster
    And while I'm adventurous enough, I try to keep my Studio system more or less pristine for a variety of reasons. I've no reason to doubt your testing, of course.

(That said, I'm not about to suggest it's generally a good idea to start hacking about in the TC software - not everyone who might attempt this has your skills, and some could run into difficulties that would not be easy to resolve).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Sorry Chen but I do not own a TriCaster.

Nice work on your part Chen to find this

Take care,
    Mine will be making a visit to the Mothership after the weekend -- before I get to try that cool Clip Properties Panel creation method you suggested, Chen.

So I'll have to let you know my results a bit later down the road...

If you want to restore back to your original status of TC after playing properties panel, you can just delete the "EditPanel" and the line we added to the Kbd.ToasterScript.
    Remember to close "Properties" panel and quit TC before you delete them. Or you will run into trouble when TC launch, it will looking for the EditPanel skins and result a error message.

It is not like hacking a program. The festure is just there. It come with TC that you paid for. Adding skins and scripts should be allowed or all third parties should out of business. Well, we borrow the skins from SE which we paid already. If you feel not comfortable on borrow skins from SE or worried about the legal issues, you can make the skins yourself or hiring someone familiar with skins to create them for you.

However, I have warn that you doing this modification at your own risk. It just like buying third party addons. They might add the features your are looking for and help your productions, or affect your system stabilities if they are buggy. It is your choose to improve system when you can or stay there and hoping NewTek change their marketing decisions.
    Last edited by animlab; 03-04-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

If one prefers not to modify any TC script files you can add the keyboard shortcut to a userscript.

Create a folder called User Scripts in c:\TriCasater\Skins250\BlackboxDesktop\MediaEdit_T ab\Main Window <= ProFX, your path may be slightly different.

Create a text file called EditPanel.ToasterScript that contains these four lines:

// Support ToasterScript
    KbdPriority = 100
    #include "Functions.ToasterScript"
    CreateShortCut ("F8". code(ToggleEdit()), "OrderedFocus", KbdPriority)

Copy the Folder from SpeedEDIT as per Chen above.

I whipped up a new skin that matches the TriCaster a little better and removed a tab that crashes. If anyone is interested email me at [email protected] and I'll send it to you.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast