Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vue 7 pricing announced

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew March View Post
    HD instance
    Unfortunately that won't solve the polygon limits for the landscape itself, which I find very easy to hit in LW...
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

Used cleverly, hd instance can do a lot, but often the use is less intuitive.

For example - by using weight maps and percentages of plant mix, you can get a pretty nice 'ecosystem' effect in not much time. Weightmaps generated by altitude and angle to the horizon can then quickly lead to similar effects.

It just needs a pooling of knowledge on the subject - after all, HD I has never targetted vegetation specifically. I think it's time it should.

Frankly I don't need the 'every plant is different' effect, colour, scale and rotation is plenty for me ...
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by starbase1 View Post
    Unfortunately that won't solve the polygon limits for the landscape itself, which I find very easy to hit in LW...
    Agreed, and this needs to be addressed within LW.

However the fact that HD I 2 no longer relies on points and polys is a big save in this regard ... it's enough reason for me to upgrade from 1.82.
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

I honestly don't have much of a problem with the price. I understand it's a great program. The problem that makes the price seem high are the bugs, crashes, lack of tech support and the fact I need at least 8 cores and 16GB RAM to get a decent quality WITHOUT cutting corners. That's what makes the price seem a bit much. Vue is a great software and I've seen the most beautiful landscapes ever made from an animation program. If the bugs were fixed and render times were realistic, then it would be worth it and I would be saving money as I speak.
    Graphic Designer & 3D Textures
    -Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8-core | 3TB HD | 12GB RAM | Dell Ultrasharp 2707 | ATI Radeon HD 5770

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcomposer View Post
    I honestly don't have much of a problem with the price. I understand it's a great program. The problem that makes the price seem high are the bugs, crashes, lack of tech support and the fact I need at least 8 cores and 16GB RAM to get a decent quality WITHOUT cutting corners. That's what makes the price seem a bit much. Vue is a great software and I've seen the most beautiful landscapes ever made from an animation program. If the bugs were fixed and render times were realistic, then it would be worth it and I would be saving money as I speak.
    And the moment you do something seriously CPU intensive like rich skies, it seems to go single threaded and only use one core...

And the moment you do something seriously CPU intensive like rich skies, it seems to go single threaded and only use one core...
    ain't that the truth! It's a great program but the headaches caused is not worth the price. If they could make it as I described before, that and LW would be the best tools I think to get virtually anything done.
    -Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8-core | 3TB HD | 12GB RAM | Dell Ultrasharp 2707 | ATI Radeon HD 5770

Never had that problem, you are aware that if you render out a panorama, such as for a sky to bring into LW that it only uses one processor.

I want to like Vue and I've played with demo's.. but as you guys have attested to.. I've been waiting for a solid version, with render times that aren't astronomical. They need to prove that it is stable as a standalone and as LW plugin.. also in OSX.. and that render speed has increased.. I still hear issues about flickering animation despite what e-on claims.. and it seems like any sort of animation needs to be farmed out for rendering.

THE RIGGER
    no Vue 7 upgrade for me very bad product
    OSX 10.13.2

I just downloaded the Vue 6 Infinite trial and it seems to be really awesome. So much faster the 5 running in rosetta. And it has an option to make it look somewhat like LW or other 3D apps you're used to. For the most part, I can use the trial without any issues except the annoying watermark. I'm very impressed and cannot wait to see what 7 has to offer. I e-mailed them to see what the upgrade price would be from Vue 5 Infinite educational version to Vue 7 Infinite pro version. Hopefully it's affordable but until then, the trial seems pretty cool and the render speed is like night and day compared to Vue 5.

I just downloaded the Vue 6 Infinite trial and it seems to be really awesome. So much faster the 5 running in rosetta. And it has an option to make it look somewhat like LW or other 3D apps you're used to. For the most part, I can use the trial without any issues except the annoying watermark. I'm very impressed and cannot wait to see what 7 has to offer. I e-mailed them to see what the upgrade price would be from Vue 5 Infinite educational version to Vue 7 Infinite pro version. Hopefully it's affordable but until then, the trial seems pretty cool and the render speed is like night and day compared to Vue 5.
    Really? I'm surprised to hear that - I'm on v6i, and was on v5i for a long time. I did not notice any major shift in render times.

What kind of stuff were you rendering?

Really? I'm surprised to hear that - I'm on v6i, and was on v5i for a long time. I did not notice any major shift in render times.

What kind of stuff were you rendering?
    I think the biggest reason for the render time change is because I have a Mac Intel and 5 was running in rossetta. 6 is native to the Intel chipset so that I think that's why. I also like the fact that I can make it look similar to LW so it makes it easier to understand for me. I hated the Vue 5 look. No matter how much I used it, I could never get used to the interface and found myself looking around for stuff.

Not touching it till I see some animation rendered out of it. I see boiling
    AA I'll be disappointed.

I think the biggest reason for the render time change is because I have a Mac Intel and 5 was running in rossetta. 6 is native to the Intel chipset so that I think that's why.
    That must be it. I didn't notice much difference either from 5 xStream to 6 (Windows).

Well, I've not tried this one yet, but other geek at play stuff is very good:

http://www.geekatplay.com/vfx.php

Tutorials on imntegrating Vue into the pro video pipeline.
    Nick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast