Thread: Good Free Plugins?

Project Scythe Mastermind

Good Free Plugins?

Hey all, It's me again. I was wondering if there were any good free downloadable plugins for LW9.5? Any help at all would be much appreciated

That's a pretty broad question. What kind of plug-ins are you looking for? Normally you use plug-ins when you either can't do something in Lightwave already or you can't do it as easily. So what are you looking to do in Lightwave that you can't already do?

Sometimes it's all in the hunt of the elusive plugin.

The free LW 9.0 plugins from http://www.flay.com will work with LW 9.5

Scripts (.ls) work with LW 9.0x ( i'm running LW 9.3 on a MacBook Pro and scripts work for me) and if you are on a Mac the plugins (.plugin) are Universal Binary. Any other plugin (.p) will be non-UB

the thing is that there's thousands of plugins for lightwave...my advice is don't try to install them all. When you want to do something that you can't do with lightwave (and even when that happens I try to search the forums and the manual first)...the kind of stuff people can do with the tools that come with lightwave is always surprising me.
    So when you need go look for some plugin. Don't just search for plugins and install them all. You'll end up with dozens of installed plugins that you'll never use. I'm not saying they're bad plugins...it's just that some of them are so specific that you may never use them.
    Intel Core i7-4770 @3.40GHz,GeForce GTX 660 - Ram 8Gb - Win 8.1 64b

id say my chanlum is pretty good

mlon
    lw_chanlum [free shader and node x32] <HERE!>
    lw_chanlum [advanced node x32, x64, ub and osx] <HERE!>