Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vue 7 DEMO Video..... looking sweeeet

Vue 7 DEMO Video..... looking sweeeet

be a billionaire, share your wealth

... And so did the vue6 vids. Half of that material was in them too.
    Don't get me wrong, some great looking new things, but unless eon have spent most of their time fixing the basic problems, I can't get excited anymore ..

Well maybe a little. Let's hope they got it right!
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Yeah most of that stuff was in the Vue 6 vids.

I really do think Vue is coming of age, but again I'll have to do a trial before I give them any more of my money.

The main thing for me is the sloooow render times. Unless they have improved that, might as well use HD Instance 2 and Lightwave, which is faster.
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Question blurred vision / version

a few years ago you could tell the jump from VUE 5 to 6 by watching the v6 reel ..... this recent supposed-to-be-v7 reel, however, doesn't show anything that could be associated with a new full-point version .... merely looks like a 6.x update at most ... and certainly doesn't justify e-ons high price tag.

I might take a bite of Vue 6 if I get 7 for free. International(Resorts, Hotels) and small town(future growth plans) business could really grab attention(play with the big boys) with demos made with this software.
    be a billionaire, share your wealth

I was hoping for a video showing he Vue 7 integration in action. Or the new ecosystem abilities. I allready know you can make cool stuff with Vue, I don't need another eye candy video.

I wouldn't give them another dime until they've fixed what they sold oh so many of us this last round.

Tech support is horrible.

Updates generally screw more things up than they 'attempted' to fix.

Integration with 3d apps doesn't function properly...not that this was an easy task, but they DID sell it to us.

And this video only shows infinite terrains as the new item.

No way they're getting more mulah because of an old video with a few updates...I swallowed the red pill last time, uh uh.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwaddict View Post
    I wouldn't give them another dime until they've fixed what they sold oh so many of us this last round.

Tech support is horrible.

Updates generally screw more things up than they 'attempted' to fix.

Integration with 3d apps doesn't function properly...not that this was an easy task, but they DID sell it to us.

And this video only shows infinite terrains as the new item.

No way they're getting more mulah because of an old video with a few updates...I swallowed the red pill last time, uh uh.
    And don't forget the hideous hoop jumping you have to go through to get your software over to a new machine, re-instaling from the first release you bought on up. Thats a deal killer for me if they expect me to do that again.
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

Banned
    Do not know if you have seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYjmMhMnyH0

But it is under 3D MAX.

David

Quote Originally Posted by starbase1 View Post
    And don't forget the hideous hoop jumping you have to go through to get your software over to a new machine, re-instaling from the first release you bought on up. Thats a deal killer for me if they expect me to do that again.
    Oh man, I totally heart that...
    I also remember loathing dongles but now that you can literally hub 8 on a 5 dollar USB adapter and switch machines almost at will...I love em.
    Now I can move from home office, to garage render system (stays cool in there), and even to living room bigscreen PC for demo, dailies, etc.

Just keep an eye on (no pun intended) the boards over there...when the Mac users finally quell and the serious, I'm talking serious, users are no longer crying out about how this is destroying the workflow...I'd jump back in and buy it again.

It's dream software. It does some things ridiculously better than other. But it doesn't live up to the promises printed on the box. Not by a long shot.

Sad part is watching new users get it and go on and on about how great it is...jot those names down and wait...eventually, "why can't I animate?", "why doesn't this work with...?", and on and on. Rinse, cycle, repeat.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

I haven't and won't upgrade either. I have Vue 5 and I know that the render time is the thing that got me. I would have one still picture and made to where it was moderately photo realistic...it took 27 hours. ONE PHOTO!!! It wasn't even an animation and it took that long and it didn't even really look photo realistic and no motion blur on the water. I know Vue can make awesome scenes but unless you've got a 200 computer render farm, it's not possible to make photo realism unless you compromise on allot of detail and terrain. If they can figure out how to cut render time to a realistic time and fix their tech support, they would sell much more and make people happier. Maybe they should merge with Newtek. LOL
    Graphic Designer & 3D Textures
    -Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8-core | 3TB HD | 12GB RAM | Dell Ultrasharp 2707 | ATI Radeon HD 5770

Quote Originally Posted by archijam View Post
    ... And so did the vue6 vids. Half of that material was in them too.
    Don't get me wrong, some great looking new things, but unless eon have spent most of their time fixing the basic problems, I can't get excited anymore ..

Well maybe a little. Let's hope they got it right!
    Yeah, remember the movie Jumanji? It's like in the end a new kid finds the game in the dump and thinks "wow!"

Actually...lol...it was in the attic wasn't it? LOL.
    Same difference though...someone left it there for a reason. LOL

Ya know, I never had issues with the render times.
    I expected to pay the price for scenes like those and know that you'll pay one way or another.

Stills aren't the issue really. If you stay away from integration with another package like Lightwave, it's great.

Animation is the killer.
    And then most of whatever was promised after that.

27 hours seems steep though.
    Depending on your system and how the scene was setup...something gave out. I just recently rendered out a short but sweet fly across the ocean with it, saving into separate frame files (just in case...and I was right, twelve times...another story) and the whole thing only took about a day and a half with the best rendering, blur, reflections, the whole she-bang going on.

Still...crashed at least 12 times. That was without any object beside the moon in the scene. And the PC running it was fine, loads of memory and HD and an NVidia that has only seen defeat at the hands of Vue.
    - Thomas A. Edison

Still...if everything else worked.
    I'd be willing to live with the render times at hand.
    - Thomas A. Edison

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast