Thread: vcr players audio fade in / out

vcr players audio fade in / out

Many of us doing live productions must for sure encountered the problem of fading in / out audio from the VCR players when part of the footage is required to be aired. I found an interesting way to solve this but i think i am still missing something.

With the introduction of an external audio mixer, i took the audio from the headphone socket while muting the vcr channel. Everything is fine except for the missing low frequencies. The audio seem to be midrange upwards only. Did anyone notice this? And maybe found a remedy !!!!

Will be looking forward for some tip to alighten me

Joe

Newbie Member
    I also use this great trick for live production so that the audio I send to the tricaster doesn’t feed back to the output when using the VCR.:agree:

I would assume you have sorted the problem by now but for others, if you incorrectly wire your headphone output or use the wrong adaptors, the left and right channel can be connected together and the audio will be cancelled out, and generally with stereo audio it will only cancel certain frequencies like the base and high frequencies depending on the stereo mix.
    If anyone needs wiring diagrams for stereo audio up to mono balance audio just email me at [email protected]

Red face Hey, Care to Make that Tip Public?

Quote Originally Posted by kardiniamedia View Post
    ...If you incorrectly wire your headphone output or use the wrong adaptors, the left and right channel can be connected together [90 degrees out of phase, causing portions of the audio to be] cancelled out...
    Hi, kardiniamedia.
    Would you kindly post that bit of info, on how to create a properly-designed, 1/8" male stereo to dual RCA male (or dual 1/4" male) stereo adaptor for the headphone output?

Please post it right here, for all of us to see? Your doing so would make your post all the more worthy of the "Tips and Tricks" moniker.

Thanks!