Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the Sports Ammo Pack be out soon?

Newbie Member

Will the Sports Ammo Pack be out soon?

Will the Sports Ammo Pack be out any time soon? I was very happy to see the release back in April but my excitement is turning to disappointment. Any update is appreciated.

We are working on finalizing it and it will be out asap.
    We need to finish the CG templates and Live Sets first.
    Don Ballance
    Director of Training for NewTek
    Co-creator of Newtek's Award Winning 3D Arsenal

[email protected]

Newbie Member

Ammo Packs & TC Pro

This may be out of place, but I'm wondering if the Sports Ammo Pack will give us content that we can directly import into the Tricaster Pro, or is the 3d Arsenal software required to use the packs?

3D Arsenal is requirered for the Sports Ammo Pack but we will also have the "Live Set Pack" for additional virtual sets and CG templates for sports. These will both work with your TC without 3dA.
    Don Ballance

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ballance View Post
    3D Arsenal is requirered for the Sports Ammo Pack but we will also have the "Live Set Pack" for additional virtual sets and CG templates for sports. These will both work with your TC without 3dA.
    Hi Don,

I am glad to know that Newtek decided to include Virtual Sets plug in as part of 3D Arsenal. This put much more value in this product! Please, just let me know what will be included with the upgrade. Also let me know when the upgrade will be available. I want to be the first one to buy it!!!

I didn't read Don's words as saying that the LiveSet plug-in was going to be provided with 3DA.

More that the options for TriCaster were going to have a Sports Ammo Pak and Sports LiveSet that would both work WITHOUT an owner also requiring 3DA.

So Sports are well covered by the plans by NewTek for TriCaster. No obvious release news for the Sports Ammo Pak for 3DA owners (which is content for use in LW, optionally supplied combined with an older version of LW or with an additional separate purchase of the latest LW). Although it was given quite a lot of verbage at NAB2008 so it is likely to be coming down the pike to our doors at some future point in time.

All this stuff is great 'Wannabe 3D'. Like Express Cuisine!

Newbie Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rbartlett View Post
    Although it was given quite a lot of verbage at NAB2008 so it is likely to be coming down the pike to our doors at some future point in time.
    Since the announcement about the new Sports Ammo Pack has been on the Newtek home page now for over five months I just hope my door will still be open when it actually arrives. With delays like this I'm starting to question my original budget request for a Tricaster in the next quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by rbartlett View Post
    I didn't read Don's words as saying that the LiveSet plug-in was going to be provided with 3DA.

More that the options for TriCaster were going to have a Sports Ammo Pak and Sports LiveSet that would both work WITHOUT an owner also requiring 3DA.

So Sports are well covered by the plans by NewTek for TriCaster. No obvious release news for the Sports Ammo Pak for 3DA owners (which is content for use in LW, optionally supplied combined with an older version of LW or with an additional separate purchase of the latest LW). Although it was given quite a lot of verbage at NAB2008 so it is likely to be coming down the pike to our doors at some future point in time.

All this stuff is great 'Wannabe 3D'. Like Express Cuisine!
    You're right, but in another threat I asked Don if we could use Liveset generator with the 3D Arsenal 2.0 and he told me that it was into discussion. I guess with Live set Pack included in the Sports Ammo Pack this will be possible, so I don't need to upgrade to LW 9.5, just upgrade my 3D Arsenal. I am also planning to buy the Sports Ammo Pack, as I am doing a lot o sports events with my Tricaster Studio 2.0.

As I said it was a discussion and nothing has been announced about modifying Live Sets in 3DA.

"Live Set Pack Sports" is separate from the "Sports Ammo Pack" for 3D Arsenal and the Live Set pack does not include the LightWave content for modification, only the sets themselves for use in TriCaster.

Right now 9.5 is the way to go for modifying sets. The Sports Ammo pack is due out in 60 to 90 days now behind the CG templates for Sports and the Live Set pack for Sports.

Sets can also be modified using Aura, Mirage (if you own it) or TV Paint. These are 2D packages so no realtime ray traced reflections or shadows. Some of this can be faked though.
    Don Ballance

[email protected]

Understood!
    I am just waitting the end of this discussion to decide what I have to do: upgrade to 3DA 2.0 or upgrade to LW9.5. But being able to modify Live Sets in 3DA would be the best solution... at least for me!

Newbie Member
    Which sports will be covered? Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Football, and Tennis I hope?

Newbie Member
    Eight months after the package was announced at NAB there still hasn't been any updates about when the sports ammo pack will be available. Don't loyal customers deserve at least some news about when the product can actually be expected? I think so!

Yes they do!
    The final content for the Sports ammo pack is done!
    It looks great.
    We are workingo on packaging and tutorials now.
    I see a Feb release as possible.

There will also be a free update for 3D Arsenal owners giving you new Easy Text with bugs fixed and sizers built in, New scale and shift key scripts for easier spped manipulation and the ability to have the animation hold on the first frame for a specified time. This will be a free patch to be released around the same time as the sports ammo pack.

Sports ammo pack also has a new plugin called Gunsmith for easier texturing in 3DA and we are considering redoing all 3DA objects to take advantage of this new technology.

I know it has been a long road to get here but 3D A enhancements are almost here.

Please hang on and you will be happy.

Thank You for all your support and patience up to this point.

Don Ballance
    Don Ballance

[email protected]

Newbie Member
    Thanks for the update! I eagerly await the release with money in hand. I'm also in the market for a Tricaster and will be reviewing some of the discussions in that forum.

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    February release date still going to happen?

Gunsmith sounds interesting, can you tell us more?
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast