Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the Sports Ammo Pack be out soon?

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    1 week left in February. Any news?

Also, since there still isn't a 3DA registration system, how will a patch work? How will that planned "agressive upgrade" work if 3DA 2.0 is still coming? Is 3DA 2.0 still coming, or is it just 1.5 now? If it is 1.5, will it be free? If not how much?

I know Newtek has a lot going on, but it seems that getting news about 3DA or SpeedEdit is like pulling teeth. Seeing those entire forum sections go days without a post is disheartening.

Seeing the release deadline go wooshing by without an update is equally frustrating.
    Last edited by Verlon; 02-22-2009 at 12:10 AM.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

Quote Originally Posted by Verlon View Post
    I know Newtek has a lot going on, but it seems that getting news about 3DA or SpeedEdit is like pulling teeth.
    It's not my place to deal with these questions, Verlon, but I'll stick my neck out and first say I'm sorry it has evidently dragged on longer than anyone hoped.

Without saying anything I shouldn't, I think I can mention that I'm pretty certain everyone really expected it to appear earlier. It has seemed close more than once. However the product has undergone many beneficial revisions over these intervening months, even quite recently. It's definitely not on a 'back-burner'. It's not a simple product though, given the need to support multiple versions of LW and multiple platforms too, and even small changes have a way of cascading.

I sincerely hope it is not much longer now, and have reason to think most of the hurdles have been jumped, though no promises. At this late date and from my personal perspective only, a February release seems iffy. (Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so.) Again, I'm speaking a bit out of turn, but here I sit with my Sunday morning coffee in hand and I sympathize.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Steve,

I appreciate the response. More than anything, I am frustrated by the fact the Newtek hasn't said the same thing. Originally, this was a Q108 release with references to "coming soon" going back into early '07, and Q109 is slipping fast.

Having someone post "Hey, we're trying to keep it compatible with new Lightwave updates, and we're going to miss the deadline, but the content guys are coming up with even more stuff so it will be an even better release!" or something like that shouldn't be that much to ask.

Maybe throw in a couple of screenshots or something so that people know that the update they are waiting on isn't parked at the end of the line behind LW Core, VT6, 3Play, and Tricaster HD.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

I could say I am really, really, really sorry, and that it's true a lot of people are really, really, really busy (what with other projects, shows, yadda, yadda) and so on - but you have a pretty good grasp I think.

Fact is, I've thought it was pretty much done a few times myself, and then it's been revised and enhanced in meaningful ways. I'm quite sure Don felt exactly the same way when he wrote his post at the end of December, and there's no desire other than to make it as good as possible and then get it out the door asap. From where I sit, there is not a great deal left for that to happen, but I've thought that once or twice before. It's tempting to go out on a limb and speculate, but it's not my place to either do that or make promises.

The only good part of all this is that it is, in my personal view, a better package now than it would have been if released even a month ago.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Newbie Member

almost a year

It's been almost a year since the press release announcing the sports Ammo Pack (see www.newtek.com home page).

Will I at least be able to purchase it at NAB THIS year?

I know it has been a long wait.
    Thank You for your patience.
    We are working very hard on finalizing the installer and we hope to be selling this product by NAB of this year 2009.

It will be worth the wait.
    Don Ballance
    Director of Training for NewTek
    Co-creator of Newtek's Award Winning 3D Arsenal

[email protected]

I would certainly love to see the update.
    Verlon Smith

I'm confused is the sports pack out?

I just ordered the Sports Ammo Pack at Computerwise, but they didn't say that it wasn't available yet. Can anyone confirm- I'm excited to see them- are they pretty cool?

thanks
    -Larry

Quote Originally Posted by lvsoule View Post
    I just ordered the Sports Ammo Pack at Computerwise, but they didn't say that it wasn't available yet. Can anyone confirm- I'm excited to see them- are they pretty cool?
    I won't confirm anything about shipping, but I'll mention that last I heard there had been a slight name change, and yes - they are very cool (and nicely organized).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Gunsmith is now called Easy Surface and it is really cool.
    Works by adding extensions to surface names so ES will recognize it.
    Then you can change color or stand in image with still or video without having to enter the surface panel at all. It's great for those not experienced with LW.
    Don Ballance

[email protected]

We are finishing up the installer and release should be soon.
    Don Ballance

[email protected]

Newbie Member
    It was one year ago tomorrow (April 14th) when the press release came out announcing the sports ammo pack. I can't tell you how interested I'll be when/if it finally gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ballance View Post
    We are finishing up the installer and release should be soon.
    Bah! I liked Gunsmith better than Easysurface as a name.

Anything resembling an actual release date? Full feature list? Pricing? Maybe even a screenshot or two? If it is all done but the packaging, these types of things seem like they should be in existence.
    Verlon Smith

Newbie Member

Lightbulb new features?

Is it possible to have easy text accessible from Lightwave without going into modeller?

Is it possible to merge scenes?

Is it possible to add things like cubes to a scene?

Cheers

James S Welling
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_Sticks View Post
    Is it possible to have easy text accessible from Lightwave without going into modeller?
    Probably not due to how Lightwave itself works.

Is it possible to merge scenes?
    You know, I've honestly never tried this so I can't say, but its a Lightwave issue, not a Sports Ammo Pack one.

Is it possible to add things like cubes to a scene?
    It is already, even without the pack.
    Verlon Smith

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast