Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NewTek 3D Animation Survey

NewTek 3D Animation Survey

Please share your feelings with NewTek in this 3D Animation Market Survey.
    It takes about 5 minutes and lets you pick up an Ironman bobble-head at the SIGGRAPH booth.

Take the Survey HERE and thank you for your time.

NewTek Marketing

Anyone from Germany visiting Siggraph? Would you bring me my bobble head?

mike
    If you are not paying for it, you’re not the customer; you’re the product being sold.

I was going to ask for the same thing Mike.
    I'll pay shipping it NT wants to mail me my bobblehead
    Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Can someone pick up mine too please!!
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

I was going to sign up for extra information, it said "address *or* email", but required me to enter both. Naturally I said "well forget it then".
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    I was going to sign up for extra information, it said "address *or* email", but required me to enter both. Naturally I said "well forget it then".
    The exact same thing happend to me. Would think that an email address would be (invasive) enough. Wonder if the database keeps the information or just scraps it all when form is not totally complete?

I've got my survey certificate but L.A. is far, far away.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    I just filled it all, I don't see a big problem with that.

More trouble than it's worth.
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

Filled it in - I like the fact NT is asking us in an official capacity, especially about Layout/Modeler integration
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Yes it's good to have a chance for people to give feedback. I voted for integration, but to keep separate file formats for objects and scenes.

I also voted for integration, and for merging objects and scenes.

Just throwing this out there to see what you all think...

I am in favor of integration of the two applications, but still see merit in saving some elements individually as many of you do. What do you think of being able to save a .lw/.nlw (LightWave/NewtekLighWave) file which includes everything, but saving other items a la carte? An .lw/.nlw would contain everything (surfaces, models, motions, etc.) but we could still export/import objects, motions, and save surface presets, etc.

I haven't touched Max in a long time, and have never cracked Maya or XSI so I don't know if this is already how other applications handle this. Thoughts, folks...
    Adam Martin
    my portfolio
    Mac Pro 2x3Ghz Dual-Core Intel | 8 Gb RAM | OS 10.6.8 | ATI Radeon X1900 XT

Well in XSI, a 'model' is a completely different concept then what we think of in Lightwave. In Lightwave, a model is comprised of the 3D geometry that makes up an object along with other properties that the model contains such as map data. In XSI, models are actually roots of hierarchies. I'm still coming to grips with this concept so I may not be able to convey the full meaning but you have a model at the root and you can nest all sorts of object and scene properties within that model. You can even nest other models within the hierarchy. They are a great way to organize your scene (the manual even calls models 'mini scenes') and you can import and export models to copy between scenes.

And as far as the survey, I voted for integration but when I did get to input on an 'other' field, I suggested better integration as in all tools working together (as opposed to now where a lot of things in Lightwave don't really recognize one another when it comes to communication.
    Last edited by hrgiger; 08-09-2008 at 11:00 PM.

I voted Interagration, but keep seperate files. LWS/LWO. I use Max alot and sometimes a file will become unstable or corrupt and then gone...all the work. Of course it's good to save often, but losing everything in a .max file sucks! I also like the idea of keeping them seperate file types to fool LW when switching files, like model swaping or pre-vis to final model, etc, etc.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast