Thread: Can we hear something from the women who use LW...?

Can we hear something from the women who use LW...?

Hi

I mean how does one pose the question anyway since no one is obliged to specify their gender ... that's fine by me, but it's sometimes apparent ( though subjective ) women aren't so involved here?

If I'm wrong... no it's true isn't it?

m

No its not true. One would be surprised at how many women are involved in computer art. Just because they do not announce it doesn't mean its not true.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

Blog Entries
    A friend of mine, in Orlando Florida, who is a woman, teaches LightWave..
    Intel Core i7-980, OC 4.7ghz water cooled.
    Gigabyte x58-UD3R with an Intell SSD 180GIG
    RamCorsair-DDR3-1600-32GIG
    Nvidia Titan Z, x 2 And 1 GTX-1080 by Gigabyte.
    4xEnterprise/WDVelociRaptor®300gig

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    why does it matter? Does the 3D look better with a 'woman's touch?'

I mean really...we have a golden opportunity to look at work completely unbiased and anonymous. Why go out of our way to ruin it?

When my daughter was a couple of months old, she decided to 'help' me with Lightwave while sitting on my lap. So I directed her to the F9 key and she has completed her first Lightwave render before she could talk.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

Quote Originally Posted by Verlon View Post

I mean really...we have a golden opportunity to look at work completely unbiased and anonymous. Why go out of our way to ruin it?

When my daughter was a couple of months old, she decided to 'help' me with Lightwave while sitting on my lap. So I directed her to the F9 key and she has completed her first Lightwave render before she could talk.

:agree:
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!

Less, killer robots and rediculously proportioned, scantily clad women in their 3D.

lol... never has a thread title sounded more like a trap!

jin

Quote Originally Posted by jin choung View Post
    lol... never has a thread title sounded more like a trap!
    Next thing you know, he'll be rendering creepy white vans with "Free Puppies and Candy" stenciled on the sides...
    Playing guitar is an endless process of running out of fingers.

I have to say it does.
    I mean, literally, I have to say so, because my wife, who works in advertising with 3ds max, would be disappointed if I didn't.
    Well, "disappointed" isn't exactly the word I'm looking for... and she is here supervising this response.

Umm... I think meshpig is looking for a 3D chick. Nothing wrong with that at all. Birds of a feather, and all that, not to mention the whole male/female connection thing.
    The trick is to find one who isn't too much of a geekette, where she wants to commandeer the kicka$$ puter you built for yourself, but is human female enough to... shall we say... "put out"... regularly.

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter2999 View Post
    Less, killer robots and rediculously proportioned, scantily clad women in their 3D.

You know....I kinda doubt that. Of all the female artists I have ever met (in the visual mediums), every last one feels the need to make scantily clad, gravity defiant vixens--lots of them.

I at least knew a guy who did landscapes.

And the writers are even worse. Sheesh, John Norman is clean compared to some of the stuff women have been populating my Sci-fi and fantasy bookstore shelves with over the last 15 years. Its like they get a free pass at the censors.

not that I mind
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

its a shame that i must endure a forest of sausages in my working environment instead of breasts a plenty. other then that i really dont care which sex operates the software better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Next thing you know, he'll be rendering creepy white vans with "Free Puppies and Candy" stenciled on the sides...
    seriously lol!

jin

He's just trying to pick up female LightWavers. Who can blame him?

Nobody tell the other half I said that.

Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com
    ...and then I was on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by jin choung View Post
    seriously lol!

jin
    OK, I have to say my partner begged the question because I was bored with an episode of "Law and Order" on cable for the fifteenth time.

The "purp" was tracked down and given the knife on account of Monet mixing his own paints.

Anyone who knows what the Impressionists did would have been rolling around too. Not excitably but in a derisive manner because the French Impressionists were the precursors of the modern colour palette and used only out of the tube coal-tar oil paint. No mixing of heavy metals like with the "Masters" beforehand.

In that frantic TV show, the guy was also wrongly convicted.

Whatever,

m