Thread: Help! Module windows open off the face of the earth

Cartoon-based life form mgrusin's Avatar

Unhappy Help! Module windows open off the face of the earth

Yo Toasterinos!

I had to move my VT (3) off its hi-res dual-monitor setup onto a single monitor for a field job. The resolution of the new monitor is 1024 x 768, which should be enough for this job, but now when I try to load some of the modules, e.g. the switcher, it appears, or more to the point doesn't, off-screen. Boo! Is there a way to get these to either start in the visible area, or move to the visible area? I've tried everything I can think of (reset window positions, etc), and even (*gasp*) RTFM but so far no joy.

Thanks for any help! -MG

Look in the VT directory for "Oops I Messed Up My Config Files.bat" and double click it. This will reset all the modules configurations to default. Should solve the problem.
    Last edited by jcupp; 06-29-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Cartoon-based life form mgrusin's Avatar

Thanks!

Belated thanks for the help, but I don't think that would have done it. I did fix it, and now know the problem stems from my monitor / screen resolution, which wasn't high enough to show the default window positions. Which is an unfortunate feature, since for what I wanted to do, that lowish screen resolution was fine.

I fixed it by fooling the monitor into running at a higher resolution, even though it complained mightily (yes, I know this can hurt a monitor). Then I was able to move the switcher window into view and go back to a lower resolution.

Problem solved, thanks! -MG