Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DP Kit "Curvatures" blur?

awww....crap. Thanks anyway.

I really wish I could help with that, in part because it means I would have a version of Replace Spot I could use/play with...

As it stands, the best thing I could recommend now is to bake it to a UV and then process it a bit in Photoshop (or your image editor of choice) to get rid of the fine lines.
    8x2.8 Mac Pro, 8 GB RAM, Radeon 2600XT, Mac OS X 10.5.6 (previously: G5 Quad)
    Caution: tech-savvy artist in full-on geek mode. May obsess over technical challenges until solved.

To be honest it would probably be quicker just to paint vertex maps... which is probably what I'll end up doing. I'd normally be more than happy to do it if it were for a single object, but I have a LOT of tanky things to do.

I was really hoping for a nice quick solution and EE_grit with minus degrees works really well... really REALLY well! If it wasn't for those pesky wireframes! >

I can't test this - this is entirely a mock-up in Photoshop - but try this and tell me if it works at all...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grit_replace-spot.gif 
Views:	273 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	60241  
    Caution: tech-savvy artist in full-on geek mode. May obsess over technical challenges until solved.

Quote Originally Posted by weepul View Post
    I can't test this - this is entirely a mock-up in Photoshop - but try this and tell me if it works at all...

Weepul, I could kiss you! A 0.01% scale isn't enough, but if I crank that up to about 0.5% it works a charm! I'm gonna have to try it tomorrow at work but a few error prone examples here really look great!

So, I think you're good for a few pints and a kiss.

For what it's worth, this is great for creating automatic masks for paint chips, especially combined with an AO shader to 'protect' the inner areas from weathering.

Thanks! But I'd settle for some pics of the results, if you can show them.

I also wonder if/when I put up a portfolio site, whether I should quote that line of yours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12