Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Frozen

Played a bit with FiberFX - not bad at all ... The only disappointing thing is that fact that FFX can't be used with regular DOF and photoreal motion blur. This one was rendered with 5 motion blur passes, and it's was quite slow (around 20 min)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polar_Man_Texture_08.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	62299  

Quote Originally Posted by Eugeny View Post
    Played a bit with FiberFX - not bad at all ... The only disappointing thing is that fact that FFX can't be used with regular DOF and photoreal motion blur. This one was rendered with 5 motion blur passes, and it's was quite slow (around 20 min)
    Have you tried rendering out to RPF or EXR and using the DOF and 3D Motion Blur post effects in something like Combustion, AE or Fusion, yet? As dark as that scene is, I would try that first. Should save you massive amount of time.

hey i like that furry hood!
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

you could try changing your fiber fx settings to volume only (although you'd also need to start more or less from scratch on the other settings to achieve the same effect) but this should give you correct DOF effects without having to crank up the motion blur.

Of course it will almost certainly crash using volume only and you'll hate me for even suggesting it but in theory that's how it should work.

Thanx for suggestions guys, the RPF with DOF definitely do the trick albeit I'm not really like the result - it's looks like glow (but perhaps it's my fault, i'm not composting guy, used AE to get DOF, and i dont have any idea how to achieve 3D MB in AE).

The Volume only looks exactly that i'm looking for (in terms of DOF) but rendering time was 56 min! May be i need to change some settings, just switched it ON. Also i get some strange artifacts (lines) on fur. So meanwhile the solution is post DOF, and it's pain in the *** cause i have huge volume light in scene. Ah, and b.t.w. LW was stable during the volume render, no crashes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polar_Man_Texture_09.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	62333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polar_Man_Texture_09_AE.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	62334  

Thanx for suggestions guys, the RPF with DOF definitely do the trick albeit I'm not really like the result - it's looks like glow (but perhaps it's my fault, i'm not composting guy, used AE to get DOF, and i dont have any idea how to achieve 3D MB in AE).

The Volume only looks exactly that i'm looking for (in terms of DOF) but rendering time was 56 min! May be i need to change some settings, just switched it ON. Also i get some strange artifacts (lines) on fur. So meanwhile the solution is post DOF, and it's pain in the *** cause i have huge volume light in scene. Ah, and b.t.w. LW was stable during the volume render, no crashes.
    Yeah, you'll have to tweak your DOF in post to get a satisfactory result. You could create a mask around the fur, so that the DOF is only applied to everything outside of it.
    I use Combustion, which has 3D Motion blur, it's an intelligent method and uses the Velocity channel in your RPF file to apply the motion blur (based on the normals displayed in the velocity channel).
    For After Effects, it has a built in motion blur that is more of a simple frame blend...but you can get inexpensive plugins for the real 3D motion blur
    http://www.rpfmb.com/
    http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/

here's a few semi-helpful tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jDWn...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfraw0HeKF0
    Last edited by AbnRanger; 08-26-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567