Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Frozen

He will standing in front of camera (over the shoulder) and lit the place with beam of light, also will be some cut from different angle (from inside the window) to him ,so he mast have some details. (I'm rendering some frames with him in scene).May be I'm bit exaggerated with details ... But i so enjoined from this Hope to finish it in time. Damn, i have another project to do, the deadline is in 30/08 but it's not final so i can play with this scene.
    Last edited by Eugeny; 07-28-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Render
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render_13.jpg 
Views:	678 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	61224  

Good scene -clouds/mist, looking pretty real!

The way he stands there isn't appropriate. You take away all the space, the cold, the snow. Neither is your actor isolated in the depth of the room. He's the biggest element and has everything under control. The horror and mood are gone. If you want nature or the night be a threat to him than you need to re-balance the image. Also the cloth doesn't hold up at this distance.

I'd rather see this guy standing on your structure built in the background, while we are approaching him from behind. Blair witch project camera shaking please. As we are just behind him, he turns because of the wind and we see his skeleton face like in Psycho. Now, isn't that coooool! (Yes, it's totally cliché)

Cheers
    Thomas

P.S.: Please don't take away the great realism of this scene by doing some half-a**ed character animation. I doubt that you'll be able to do it very realisticly in LW. So it might be better to have camera movement and animated wind effects, flag, etc. to bring life into the scene, than breaking the illusion the very moment the guy starts to move.

Keep up the good work. Definitely one of the top three wip's in this thread.

Hi Tomas, thanx for the good words and constructive criticism , the frame with standing character is one of the shots (and actually i made it just to see how the lights will react on him) , will be establish shot with all goodies are previewed on previous renders, also the POV shots there we didn't see the character. I don't have mach time so guy will be animated with mocap (just the walking to standing to wondering movements). And yes i will use camera shaking/breathing/focus - i'm really like that kind of camera motion.
    If i will realize that i don't have a time to complete with CA i'll skip it and make just a realistic scene with some camera motion. The time is running up and i need at last 30 hours to render (damn Newtek , why they need it in HD ?) but this before optimization.

Just a random frame from animation ... Heavy render, hope to finish it in time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render_14.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	61272  

A bit to unfiform. Go for tungsten lighting to seperate both lights (ambient/torch). Also the torch right now doesn't make too much sense as the overall brightness is pretty o.k. to see without additional lights. But probably a warmer color will just be fine.

I tried more warm and didn't liked... Also i'm working with non calibrated LCD monitor which probably darker then youth (it's a huge problem) . Rendering the test in half res with low AA to see how it's going, the biggest concern right now is to MB or not MB, since i made lot's of zooming and camera shaking like in Blair witch project, also the picture is bit grainy (honestly i like this amount of grain - low FG plus dither intensity, but bit noisy in motion will see after test render) There is 3 shots in the scene The character seen from OTS and from different view form one of the windows. Worked whole night with mocap for him. Tired to death, i'll be back in 8 hours with test renders. Thanx for your suggestions.

Newbie Member
    wow, what a great project. Excellent work.

Toby

Thanx Toby. Right now I'm uploading it to Newtek , i have almost 30 min until it going to be closed. Sacrificed one scene (third, it's still in render) so only two scenes are ready ... As usual i don't have enough time

How did you do that?
    The Blog ~ The Vimeo
    "Bring'n Your Fantasy To Life!™"

What exactly ?

Fantastic look.
    Can post more information on your snow and the sigma setting and how long it took to render..overall.

How did you get the reference image of the jacket to stay up like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugeny View Post
    What exactly ?
    Everything.
    The Blog ~ The Vimeo
    "Bring'n Your Fantasy To Life!™"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast