Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this in the pipeline?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is this in the pipeline?

Is there any support for timecode coming soon? Is there support for MXF export or AAF export?

If this is on the way.....when will it be released?

If not i have to select a competitors editor for next testproject.

chribba
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIMECODE.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	59133  

There are some timecode support but no way near other editors

chribba

Did you just answer yourself?

Yup, again yesterday we had to dub footage for a client who wanted a TC dub. They could not imagine that we didn't have a way to get that for them.

I swear I don't think this would be that hard to do since SE already has the ability to display "time" over the clip. Now if they could make that "time" show something of use.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

You could use the Timcode.spd-effect, effect....although it does squeeze the output to 4:3 aspect, at least it gives you the timecode burn.

One more thing about the timecode effect, you can go into the control tree and select it to display the clip timecode or the project timecode. I just wish it would allow output in 16x19 aspect and not force the output to 4:3

MV, unfortunately, you can not display the clips actual timecode. At least as of yet. You can only display the time on the timeline or the duration of the clip.
    Trust me, I've been trying to get by with this limitation for a long time.
    Hope NewTek can gitter done soon.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

My Timecode Burner is ready now. Here are the feature summary:
    . Display Global (project) time
    . Display Local time of TCB filter
    . Display Stream (local) time of clip above TCB filter
    . Display Tape time of clip above TCB filter (Tape time might be DF or NDF)
    . Convert timecode to frame number
    . non-Drop Frame (NDF) convertion (do not convert Tape time, since it is tape time)
    . six position to display time code
    . toggle black box background
    . multiple TCB filters support
    . three size of display font size to fit different project resolutions

I have to said that SpeedEdit (and SpeedEdit VT) always use 720x486 for realtime display output for any project resolutions (a performance consideration). When it come to render, SpeedEdit pass the correct resolution info to filter and have a correct render result. SpeedEdit VT (VT5 first release) have different behavior. Filter only receive 720x486 resolution info (I believe it is a bug ) and it render the dsiplay as 720x486 and then stretch by SpeedEdit VT render engine to projcet resolution and aspect ratio. I hope the SpeedEdit VT in furture VT[5.(>1)] release will fix this issue.

So, mv, if you are using SE only, it is fine for you. If yo are using SE VT, then you have to suffer that in HD edit mode, the overlay effect video is stretched from 720x486.

There are some limitation for SpeedEdit plugingSDK if I want to keep the effect be SE version independant. For example, the feature I include above to use to identified the clip just above the TCB it-self is a SE version dependant function. NewTek designed the Effects (PluginSDK) to act as just receive the screen rendertree data with all clips above it and time data of the effect itself. If I want to keep the SE version independant, I have to giveup to communicate to timeline and it is impossible to get the tape timecode out of the clip. I don't know it is possible or not for NewTek to have a pluginSDK that can access timeline and also keep SE version independant. I hope it will in the future.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

I purchased the TCB effect developed by animlab for SpeedEdit. It performs as advertised and looks much more professional than the timecode effect included with SpeedEdit. More importantly, it does show the original timecode that was recorded to the clip by the camera so this should take care of those situations where your client requires a time code burn of the original footage.

I wish there were more people creating effects and plug-ins for SpeedEdit.

Thank you, mvansomeren.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Chen, this pluging still does NOT display the timecode from the actual .mxf clip correct?
    If it does I'll order today.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

TCB is based on NewTek's capture feature that save the tape time code into .timecode file and SE use that file to response the tape timecode request. By nature, it will not support .mxf file unless the .mfx reader can put the tape timecode to .timecode file.

However, we might have chance to make it happen by add some support utility. I don't have .mxf clips at hand to tryon. If you can send me one or two sample clips (3-5 seocnds), I will try to make it happen.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Chen, if you give me your address I'll put a couple clips on a Data DVD and send them to you. You can give it to me here or send a Private Message.
    I'd love to work with you on this because I will benefit as well as you and others.
    Thanks for helping with this missing link on SE.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Sorry I wasn't more specific. Maybe I missed one of the initial paramiters of this thread.
    I was referring to clips captured thru Firewire-1394, both DV and HDV. I use Auto-chop, and the clips always have the original timecode. They don't all start at 00:00 like a capture thru the VT. I get that even if the tape was recorded in a higher end camera that lets the user set the TC starting point.

The Animlab effect sounds good. I may add it to my arsenal someday, too.
    Adam Lightplay
    310-779-6230
    [email protected]

"The future's so bright, I think it's unterminated".

Yes, the clips do retain the original TC. The problem occurs when you put them on the timeline...starting at 00:00:00:00. SE's TC effect now shows TC relative to their position on the Timeline, not the embedded, original timecode.

I understand your idea of shifting the effect/clip to the point of the timeline that matches the original clip timecode. Unfortunately, that isn't very practical if you have large gaps in TC between clips and/or a large number of clips that are not sequential. But, I have to give you credit, it is one way of getting it done.

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Remember, ignoring the rather limited SE TC "effect", you can switch on the local time code readout inside of SE.

This doesn't help you for TC window burns, but it does show you your real TC internally.

Don't attempt this with the SE TC effect on as well, weird stuff happens.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast