Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Lightwave 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Inside Lightwave 7

I just recieved my inside lightwave 7 book, and I am starting chapter 4. It is awesome. My question to whoever reads this is who else bought the book and how easy was it for them to learn lightwave. And maybe anything else they may want to add. This is just for my curiousity to see how others did with this book.

Yeah they're great, I've bought the last two editions. I just wish it was a bit more concise, not such a large tome, purely project based and not repeating stuff in the manuals.

I always get to the bit where it tells you to read the manual, I go away and read the manual, then come back (several years later) and find they're going over the same stuff.

By this stage the next edition has been released and the whole cycle starts again.

Thanks

Thanks,

Thats is nice to know!!! Are there any other ways of learning that you would recommend?

The desktop series of DVD's and VHS tapes are very helpful but a little on the expensive side. The same guy who wrote the inside lightwave books, Dan Ablan, also has some nice looking courseware at his website. I think it's called 3D garage or something like that. He did have a downloadable section you could see what they were like, it looked extremely helpful. Someone else might be able to help with the link.

I've been meaning to try the video/DVD tuts one of these days. I like the though of sitting back with a beer and just watching it on the telly.

I think it's just 3dgarage.com I've also got some videos/DVD's listed in the link below.

Yeah

I like that idea too. I might get some dvds. Some of the dvd tuts look good in the desktop.

Which DVD

Which DVD TUTORIALS ARE GOOD LEARNING!!!

Not too sure since I haven't actually watch any yet. Splinegod has some free video tuts. Actually Userdelta's Spin Quads one is pretty good see: http://www.lightwave3d.com/tutorials...ead/index.html

Hey Riki,

I see you in here alot in these threads and you are very helpful to a lot of people. I m gonna keep you in the back of my head, if I have a question.

Thanks ctg23, yeah the forum is a great place to learn and exchange ideas.

Agreed

I agree with you on that one. I havent been here long but the support for this program if fantastic. Everyone is extremely nice. I am addicted to see what is new and how everyone is doing on there projects. It is like one big family in here.

If you want a fast way to pick up on info, there are many, many tutorials on the web. Just look up 'Lightwave tutorials on the web'. That's the actual name of the website. It has many great links to tutorials and it's broken down into sections.

Thank you.
    I am messing around right now and I created a box and put texture onto it but how do I view the final product into a jpg file?

Any ideas, also i am using a demo of lightwave. I dont know if that will stop me from doing that or not.

I think this is the link you mean http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetuto...west_Links.htm also take a look at the Lightwave forum at CG talk, a lot of us hang out there as well, you'll start to recognise some of the faces.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast