Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creating Livesets?????

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMECARE View Post
    I dont really see any enthusiasm around to help !!!! I think the jungle logic applies here. Take take take without giving.
    You obviously have not been around here long.

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    03) Aura LiveSet construction kit (no limitations)
    Just to be 100% accurate, the Aura plugin alone cannot produce 'true' 3D reflections, refraction and shadows as seen in some demo sets. It can fake lot of things though, but you need to understand the basics of Aura.

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    LW and Aura kits come with detailed documentation and tutorials which should get you started.
    I agree. It seem a little early to be angry about this. (especially when one's own total post count is measured in two digits?)

The subject of LiveSets is a fairly deep one, lots of possibilities - and probably best learned by personal time spent with the plugins, supplied docs, and then help from friends in here.

It reminds me just a bit of the email I got asking me to explain (in an email) how to produce a feature movie that had the same effects as Robin William's "What Dreams May Come".

My reply was something along these lines:

Step 1 - raise $10-20 million
    Step 2 - hire at least 1 of the top 25 effects artists in Hollywood
    Step 3 - get back to me after completing the first two steps.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I am sorry Jose. My post was not complete. I now note that when I tried to edit my post, 5 mins had elapsed. The following should have been that post:

I dont really see any enthusiasm around to help !!!! I think the jungle logic applies here. Take take take without giving save for some people like Burgosfx, SBowie, AnimLab and a few more. I follow mostly Tricaster forums, and the same problem occurs there. When some days ago I placed some of my projects, mostly were astonished to the fact that it is normally unusual to expose so much.

One reply to my posting was:

Timecare,
    This has to be the most generous sharing I've seen in quite a long time. Thank you immensely!!

I apologise to anyone who felt offended with my post

As you may have noticed I have not been around for long and may be my enthusiam to explore so much in so little time ran away with me.

I apologise to anyone who felt offended with my post.

May I ask a simple question:

What software is required to produce virtual sets like the ones provided with the Tricaster Studio? I purchased Lightwave 3D v9. I thank you all in anticipation.

Joe

See Jose's post #15, above. The LightWave Live Set Construction Kit can be downloaded from the support section at NewTek.com. It has the LiveSet generating pluggin for LightWave as well as a few example scenes and instructions.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

thanxs so much, i will try like you say joseburgos, and i dont know if its me or the new tek manuals are... deficient! or maybe im just too stupid for this jejje

LiveSets are a very versatile technology, but at present creating more advanced ones basically requires most of us to learn either Aura, or LW, or ideally - both. These are not trivial, so don't be too hard on yourself!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    idpl,
    The LW tutorial is straight forward, just follow the steps and you should be able to make your first LiveSet.
    The kit comes with pre-made sets so just render one of them to make your first LiveSet if you want instant satisfaction.
    Then after that, take your time and make a simple one to get you feet wet.
    My first LS was of box with the front poly surfaced with the LS surface mapped to FX (video monitor) and a plane mapped to input with transparency LS surface added.
    Once this worked, I then began to add geometry to the LW scene.
    *Like the documentations states, stay away from surfaces that have glow enabled. Liveset will freak out if the LS surface is too close to the glow surface.

More than that is very hard to give help since it is better to answer questions from mistakes you encounter.

Hope that makes sense,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billmi View Post
    See Jose's post #15, above. The LightWave Live Set Construction Kit can be downloaded from the support section at NewTek.com. It has the LiveSet generating pluggin for LightWave as well as a few example scenes and instructions.
    Thanks billmi

hello problems with cameras

hello
    first thanxs Jose Burgos youhelpme a lot, im in my 7 set now, but now im tring to do diferent stuff, but i discover than when i change from one camera to another in the same shot (i hope those are the names) i have to focus the studio camera every time, i mean that i have 1 camera and i put the scene and the shot but if i focus it in close up in wire the person looks giant, i know is an error that i make when i was building it but i dont know how to fix it:
    can you helpme

Trying to understand what your problem is.
    When you say change from one camera to another, are you talking about in LW or using it LiveSet?
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

If I read this correctly, it sounds like the use of a wrong warp type for the source (so that it's not scaling, thus requiring adjustment of the camera zoom to compensate).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Ah..maybe she has keyhole enabled?
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Kinda what I was thinking, yep ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

hi

well i will try to explain better, i made it in LW and i put the splin cameras, but when i use it in the tricaster it doesnt work like it should, i can use the same focus to the wire and to the close up. cause if i focus in close up, in wire persons look giant for the set.
    is it better??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast