Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Papercutts

User.

Papercutts

I hear that theres a guy doing wonderful art with papers. Peter was his name. Id like you to know, my dear community, that you have an artist in that realm aswell here. Heres what a new friend of mine asked me to do

Its the dinosaur with armour thingies on the back.

The thing about papercutts is that its 2D. Thus whichever character has great details on the third dimension, thus the 3rd dimension of that character needs to be emphasized, it wont come out good enough. Like for instance a lying on the floor crocodile fits the character better for papercutts than the dinosaur by me.

Or a standing two feeted person, or multileged character, and such. Insects come ut very good in fact.

BTW, if you have any character in mind, Id like to do it for you. If its your birthday or something of great importance like that, then I would also be honored to mail it to you, no problem.

Name the character....And Ill do it

hows about an elvis?

User.
    Elvis? You mean Elvis Prestley? Nah, that would be an attempt at making a real portray of somekind by a papercutt. What I can do is characters... ammm... How can I put this....

If I were to do Elvis, that character on his two feet, since its made of white paper, wouldnt be any different from lets say If I were to do you on it.

It wouldve looked like any other person. Even If I were to slap a guitar on his hand. Not unless you would draw his persona inside the white paper model.

Here let me show you

See... All the details would required later to be drawned at.

But as far as the outer lines are concerned, on which I go through with the scissors (no previos drawings were made BTW), his details on those lines arent that much different compared to any other human. Thus theres no distinction between you and Elvis in this case

Hi Diedon,
    I just got into work about 10 minutes ago and checked out your new thread on paper cuts......love the Elvis.

This is great, dinosaur with armour thingies on back, I think that should be its correct technical name, its more fun. I've showed my colleagues at work your thread and they love it to.
    The ethereal riders gallop over the rooftops

User.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerider
    Hi Diedon,
    I just got into work about 10 minutes ago and checked out your new thread on paper cuts......love the Elvis.

This is great, dinosaur with armour thingies on back, I think that should be its correct technical name, its more fun. I've showed my colleagues at work your thread and they love it to.
    Thanks Graham. Send my best regards to your colleagues. Would they like a character?

Name the character...

One request was an AT-AT walker. Yes my colleagues are avid Sci-Fi fans.

I reasoned with them in regard to some of their requests which where as ridiculous as the Enright house from the fountain head, HMS Victory or the reconstruction of Pompey before the eruption of mount Vesuvius.

I got them down to an AT-AT walker.
    Last edited by bluerider; 03-18-2008 at 10:56 AM.

User.
    Heres what I made. I hereby name it, The Dragon Dog

And this ones is from my 6 year old son. He named it Rockrono Vidyo Powo. Gosh I wonder what that could possibly mean!!

Ill be checking your coleagues requests now Graham . If what they want are characters that dont have too much to sacrifice without the 3rd dimension, Ill do it with no problem.

Thats cool that your 6 year old is doing this as well, thats great to include him in what your love to do.

Of course the Consquence of you allowing your 6 year old to so advanced art is that at school, hes going to find the art curriculum not very engaging. Thats was the usual complaint from my children anyway.

Dragon Dog is great. this thread is getting better all the time.

User.
    Graham do you have pictures of all them characters. Is there a charatcer lurking around in the Enright house? Or some octoped maybe on that HMS Victoria ship? And vesuvious is a Vulcano mountain, and pompay is a city. Im not into inorganic environmental objects.

Though robots are in the gray area sometimes. AT-AT had a significant 3d material to loose to the paper. Thus the shots were made to make the least from that flaw.

Or for instance the pose if something heavy stroke the AT-AT mechanical walking tank down.

Characters is what I do. Like lets say... Master Yodo, Darth Vader

And that kinda of an organic or mechanic/robotic characters

User.
    A tiger mauling someone ...........loads of dismemberment here, why worry about arms and legs, or a head even.
    Hmmm... Ive read it a couple of times. I sencirely dont understand what you mean there Graham? A tiger mauling? Dismemberment? Arms, legs and the head of whom shouldnt I be worying there buddy? The characters' ?! I sense that it oughta be a joke of somekind, but anyway.

Thats cool that your 6 year old is doing this as well, thats great to include him in what your love to do.

Of course the Consquence of you allowing your 6 year old to so advanced art is that at school, hes going to find the art curriculum not very engaging. Thats was the usual complaint from my children anyway.

Dragon Dog is great. this thread is getting better all the time.
    Yeah its lovely that he has just picked up scissors and went on with doing toys for himself to play with.

Well... Considering these circumstances, I take this "advanced art" as a very great high compliment Graham. Thanks . And thanks for the hint too. It seems if he chooses to go to art school, and he doesnt finds it engaging, I should make it more engaging with added homework or something.

Your right the tiger mauling was an awful joke, do the tiger though

Extra cool homework for son, sounds like a very good plan.

Wow......you actually did the AT-AT walker ( jaw drops )
    Last edited by bluerider; 03-18-2008 at 02:11 PM.

User.
    Right then. Youve heard of the Sabertooth Tiger right? Well this is the Eventooth Tiger!!

I named him Eventooth, cause if you have a closer look, youll see that he has an extra tooth right in the middle of his upper jaw.

Uolright... Name the character... Keep em coming guys, come on....

Awesome Tiger
    I work of art a day, keeps the doctor away. In my case anyway.

User.
    Awesome Tiger
    I work of art a day, keeps the doctor away. In my case anyway.
    Great rhymes . Although this rhyme, I must say, might be overused for almost anything. That one in particular though definitely would apply for me too.

I just finished 5km of jogging and 35kg of bycepce lift exercizes. From 20h to 23h just now. And Im still alright. No problem at all. Perhaps my creation the Eventooth, pays me back by boosting the tiger in me

Here's the guys website, you should check out some of these A4 paper cut beauties! Amazing!

http://www.petercallesen.com/index/A4PAPERCUT_000.htm
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast