Thread: Dognle issue - help please

Dognle issue - help please

Hi,
    i've a 32bit LW, i've installed it on a 64 bit system.
    There's NO way i can make it see the dongle, which is fine on other machines.
    I removed-reinstalled several versions of the driver, i even used cleaners from Safenet to clean system, but still no go.
    When i plug it in, i see it among peripherals but it's not seen by LW.
    Can someone tell me all things i should look at ?

thanks,
    Paolo

Hey, I recently upgraded to Vista 64 and had the same problem. I had to download the latest Sentinel drivers from their website, then reboot.

Login to register.newtek.com, and get a new key for LW 64 bit. Then run the registration utility.

Reboot again, and it worked fine.
    Blog

Specs:
    Desktop: Q6600 Quad 2.4 ghz, 8GB, 8800 1Gb, Vista Ultimate x64
    Laptop: Core 2 Duo, 2GB, ATI craptastic video card, XP

and some funny looking Mac's that I don't know much about.

When you opened LightWave did you get a license error? If you did, and the dongle was detected, you should then see a product lock ID listed in the license error window.

Your not going to have the same license key for XP 64 as you did for XP 32. You have to register with your new Product Lock ID (AKA: dongle ID).
    NewTek Tech Support

Ciao Paolo,

Are you sure you installed the 32-bit version of LightWave? Did you try installing the 64-bit version too and seeing if that works? If you have come from a 32-bit version you will need to re-register to get a 64-bit license.key:

1. Login to the Registration system at http://register.newtek.com;
    2. Go to My Products;
    3. Copy the LightWave v9 serial number from there;
    4. Go back to My Home and register a new LightWave 3D;
    5. Paste the serial number you copied and you will be presented with a page where the licence you already registered is filled in, but there are empty cases for the other two platforms. Make sure you verify that the dongle number is correct for the platform you are registering.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

RollerJesus, thanks gonna try...
    Sntorres - no error, it just starts in discovery mode. but it's enough to know i've to re-register it for 64, i didnt think so.
    BeeVee, absolutely sure, it's a 32 bit one. Problem is that i cant see dongle number anywhere into LW, it's like it cant see it at all, but system does.
    I opened two threads (i apologize), but maybe we can unify them and jump here:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80991

thanks all
    Paolo

Hi all, in case you didnt look at other thread, i posted this, maybe it's useful to know:

"Ok, it's official, i did a direct test: Remote Desktop prevents Dongle (on remote PC) from working.
    Is this a known limitation or is there something i can do about this ?

thanks,
    Paolo"

Technical Account Manager
    There's one I'll add to the FAQ right away.

Yes, Microsoft Remote Desktop will not recognize the dongle when it's on the remote PC because RD will only be looking for the hardware on the end it's being operated from. I believe VNC works the opposite way and does actually work with the dongle plugged in on the client side.
    Dan Parker
    I know stuff about NewTek stuff

Technical Account Manager
    OK, here's an FAQ:

http://www.newtek.com/faq/index.php?...ue&category=67

It's at the bottom.
    Dan Parker
    I know stuff about NewTek stuff

To be sure i tried to keep the dongle on client side, but with RD it's a no way.
    So it seems i've to buy VNC, no way to do this free.... ;(

Paolo