Thread: 3 things that I WANT in 2.0

:d
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

I like having the audio for a clip right under the video that it came with. This makes Speed Edit muckh faster to work with especially because I have as many as 6 video layers going on at any one time. If I were just editing photos to music I put my music tracks at the top (lines 1 and 2) and pix under them. That takes only a sec to do. I am quite pleased that the audio and video stays together. I would feel very confined if they had to be on specific track lines.
    Dispite popular belief, Digital does not mean quality.

Thanks Steve. I thought I was alone on this.
    So many people that work for me and come from "other" systems say "I hate XYZ" about VT-SPEEDedit.
    That is until they get over their auto-hate mode and use it a few times. Suddenly they tell me "I wish (insert other system) worked like VT-SPEEDedit".
    I just sit back and grin.

Actual Clip Time Code window, better slo-mo and better QT support would make a major improvement in our daily workflow.
    Come on NewTek, make my day!
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

i totally agree with Ted. I am amazed at other editing systems taking their limitations and flaws and turning them into features. A few years ago I was approached by Macintosh asking me why I wouldn't consider a Mac. I told them that the day she could prove to me that a Mac could edit a full 30fps Interlaced video at a full 60 fields per second that I would junk my VT. She reasured me that 24P is where television is at but she said she was certain that FCP would edit 30I. I said "prove it and I will buy it." She emailed me a bunch of bull 3 days later. Mac's design engineer said that the Mac puts out full 30 frame interlaced video or it would not play on a normal TV set. That the amount of pictures per sec. that are processed is irrevelivant. I wrote back "does the Mac actually play back a full 30 interlaced pipicture changes per second." And he replied that it can handle 25 which he says is adiquate because your eye can't see a difference. Again he triesto turn a flaw into a feature. I would love to sell my garbabe to some blind unsuspecting soul. Too bad people are so easily taken in by clever con artists. Oops! I didn't mean to talk about the election and politicians.
    Dispite popular belief, Digital does not mean quality.

CreatvGnius
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg
    i totally agree with Ted. I am amazed at other editing systems taking their limitations and flaws and turning them into features...Again he tries to turn a flaw into a feature. I would love to sell my garbabe to some blind unsuspecting soul. Too bad people are so easily taken in by clever con artists. Oops! I didn't mean to talk about the election and politicians.
    Sad thing is, SteveG -- these politicians aren't clever at all: instead, the general populace is utterly lulled into believing what they hear, because they utterly refuse to think for themselves ( I seriously doubt that many even know *how*). Just my unsolicited two cents.

I like your take on the subject of Mac garbage-speak. Very intriguing.
    -PeterG

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Well, MOST NLEs out there have no intention or desire to be able to support true 60i in real-time, that's not their paradigm.

SpeedEDIT and EDIUS being the only two software-only NLEs that do believe in this paradigm.

It all becomes a question to the user of what is most important to you, true real-time playback, or more features.

Cause that is and always will be the trade-off.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

CreatvGnius
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioProd
    Well, MOST NLEs out there have no intention or desire to be able to support true 60i in real-time, that's not their paradigm.

SpeedEDIT and EDIUS being the only two software-only NLEs that do believe in this paradigm.

It all becomes a question to the user of what is most important to you, true real-time playback, or more features.

Cause that is and always will be the trade-off.
    Well put, Eugene.
    -PeterG

Quote Originally Posted by bbeanan
    ...if you look at VT being a $5k initial and then the upgrades costing $500....
    Until VT[5]

Now the software-only upgrade is $1500, and the upgrade including the non-HD Pro card that uses an outdated bus is $2500.
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Then again, check out what you can do with Bob's XtraChannels and Bob's Sixth Channel with the old VT card and even VT[4] 4.6c software...

And then check out how much it costs.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioProd
    ...check out what you can do with Bob's XtraChannels and Bob's Sixth Channel ...then check out how much it costs.
    Where can we go to check this out? I can't find anything with regard to XtraChannel on Bob's site.

Thanks,
    Stivan
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

Did I read XtraChannel.
    I am so sorry. There was discussion about this on the VT forums a while
    ago and I have been very busy getting ready for NAB and had NO time for
    website updates even for a new product.
    You can see some of it in action here.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79524

Bob
    bobt_at_bobfx_com
    www.bobfx.com
    Bob Tasa

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liber777 View Post
    Until VT[5]

Now the software-only upgrade is $1500, and the upgrade including the non-HD Pro card that uses an outdated bus is $2500.
    That non-HD part really hurts more than the rest of it.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

From my experience all NLE companies offer the world but generally slip up in an area. Ultimately though, after working on a number of them I can honestly say that speed edit does more of what it says it will than the others. Has anyone tried doing HDV on Adobe CS3? Trust me you don't want to attempt it, quality problems, sync issues, 20 min load up times, crashes and the list goes on. Avid still don't support 720p 25fps and this is an issue that has been going on for years. Ultimately slo mo would be fantastic as well as the ability to render out to a 10bit YUV file that AE can read and vic a versa.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123