Thread: xStream and Butterfly Net help!

xStream and Butterfly Net help!

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience setting up Lightwave/xStream through Butterfly Net. At the moment, I'm simply testing out one render station on the farm. xStream is installed on the station using the rendernode serial, and that same serial has been activated on the license server.

When I try to render a test scene, however, only the Lightwave objects render. Obviously something is going on with xStream...but what? Is there something I could be missing or neglecting to do?

Looking at the Butterfly Net window(s) on the render station, it gives some type of error about "xStream pointer 0x00" or something along those lines.

Banned
    HI,

Why you are using the serial on the machine and in the license server? It is a node lock license or a floating one? If it is a floating one, you only need to add it to your license server.

Locate this file on your vue install directory: (I show where is MINE)

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-on software\Vue 6 xStream\xStream_Render_Node.cfg

Edit it on notepad and change the line to:

xStreamRenderNode = true

Be sure you do not use the include xStream scene on LW scene. I always edit the scene lws file on notepad to be sure it is pointing to a directory accessible to the nodes were it is located the xStream scene.

I do not remember I made anything else special. I use Butterfly NetRender 3.56. and vue 6.5 with the latest patch.

David

Thanks for the reply dballesg, but I finally figured out what was wrong. Our server wasn't using a static ip address, so xStream on the renderstation was having issues.

E-on sucks when it comes to documentation. When we ordered the render node, they didn't give us any instruction on how to install it. Luckily, though, we've managed to figure everything out. RenderCows vs RenderBulls vs Rendernodes was very confusing and I had to do a bit of research to figure out what was what.

Anyway, thanks again dballesg.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeight
    Thanks for the reply dballesg, but I finally figured out what was wrong. Our server wasn't using a static ip address, so xStream on the renderstation was having issues.

E-on sucks when it comes to documentation. When we ordered the render node, they didn't give us any instruction on how to install it. Luckily, though, we've managed to figure everything out. RenderCows vs RenderBulls vs Rendernodes was very confusing and I had to do a bit of research to figure out what was what.

Anyway, thanks again dballesg.
    You're welcome!

E-On's licensing system blows, as does their documentation. Glad you got it working.

Confuse

I'm thinking about using Vue6 XStream with Butterfly Network Rendering. My BNR network is working fine without Vue6. I have a Node Locked version of Vue6.5 XStream. I read a lot of terms being thrown around so I'm a bit confuse.
    1. Render Cow - Render Bull - Render Node - Node License - Floating License - Node lock license - License server.
    Which of this terms is relevant to my being able to render my Lw-Vue6 scenes in my BNR.
    2. Do I need any of the above if I just want to use BNR to render LW-Vue6 scenes on the one (Dual Core)machine I have Vue6 install?
    3. What is a "Studio Package", How many licenses does it include? and how much does it cost?

Thanks