Thread: A third-party plugin for special effects

Newbie Member

A third-party plugin for special effects

I rember using many Photoshop filters in Premiere 6.5. So could it be possible to use free effects from Paint.net or those for VirtualDub (by example). Nice, isn't it ?

I heard fom a team tech boy about future After Effect filters compatibility for Grass Valley Edius (like for Premiere, Final Cut or Liquid....).

And what for SpeedEDIT ???

It seems unlikely that many if not all of the Photoshop 5.x effects could be dealt with in realtime in SE - however, just so you are ware, VT owners with SE-VT users can enjoy the use of countless Pshop filters of that sort via Aura.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    So Steve, you're saying that even though the live VT/TriCaster side is finally separate from the NLE SpeedEDIT side, we're still gonna be stuck to the albatros of real-time or nothing for fancier effects?
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

No, Eugene - I'm saying I think the user might be pleased to know there is a way to use (some) Photoshop filters.

Obviously, they can't be used in SE at present, and although I'm tempted to say I've seen no indication of an intention to add some sort of provision for 'slow to render' effects and that such would be a departure from past practice that has never been hinted at afaik, I won't even do that as 1) you already know these things and 2) I am very reluctant to attempt to divine future possibilities with no real basis.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")