Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Studdering Slow Motion

Newbie Member
    As I said in my post I bought SE to get back to the Storyboard I had in the Toaster/Flyer. Slow-Motion is a part of my workflow and I foolishly assumed that it would be quality slowmotion based on reviews I read of those who have the VT. It would have been great to have a demo to download to try it out, but one still does not exist. Do not worry about me, fortunatley I am loaded and the money does not matter it is just the principle. I WOULD LIKE IT FIXED.
    Chris

I think everyone wants to see improvements in this area - I am hopeful.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo
    The issue that I am having with the auto audio fade out can not be fixed in the prefs. In the prefs both the auto fade in and fade out are activated but it still will not do the fade out. Fade in works fine
    Actually, what you're describing sounds like a bug that was around early in SpeedEDIT, which I thought had been fixed long ago...

At the time, I remember that if you grabbed the end of the audio on the clip under the transition and pulled it out and then snapped it back, like magic, the audio crossfade would appear.

It was a problem of the clip not actually ending on a frame boundary as I recall. There's no way to "see" the problem, but if it was there, that was how it manifested itself.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Maybe in theory. Not in operation.

Quote Originally Posted by ACross
    VT[5] and SpeedEDIT's slow motion should be absolutely identical to that of VT[4] and before.

Ok, after convrting to HDV720(PPPPPPPPP), I didn't even use Edit Properties, and Alt.Stretched the Talking Heads, slowing the A/V. Even .tga's brought in as one clip will stretch, as they are frames.

Wish I could help you guys figure out why you can not do this, but hey, there is always Aura in VT or use another program.

GoodLuck
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioProd
    Actually, what you're describing sounds like a bug that was around early in SpeedEDIT, which I thought had been fixed long ago...

At the time, I remember that if you grabbed the end of the audio on the clip under the transition and pulled it out and then snapped it back, like magic, the audio crossfade would appear.

It was a problem of the clip not actually ending on a frame boundary as I recall. There's no way to "see" the problem, but if it was there, that was how it manifested itself.
    Yes I have seen that happen if I move the clips position on the time line, the clip will magically fix itself.
    You can see the clips that are missing the fade in the audio waveform on the clips.
    Sometimes I can edit a bunch of clips before the problem shows up other times it happens right away.

Yup, that's an exact description of the problem that I remember, I guess it wasn't fixed.

PLEASE do bug report it.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Ok, could you post a clip where you get this problem so others can see please.
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

CreatvGnius
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioProd
    Yikes, hopefully he didn't buy SE for the slow motion, that wouldn't have been a wise purchase.

But then again, he couldn't download a demo of it to find out, could he.

Vegas Pro 8 slow motion is also smooth as silk, and has an available anti-flicker filter.
    My upgrade just arrived this morning, Eugene!
    -PeterG

CreatvGnius
    Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo
    In the prefs both the auto fade in and fade out are activated but it still will not do the fade out. Fade in works fine
    Woah. Not even after an immediate restart of VT[5] after tweaking those prefs?
    -PeterG
    Last edited by CreatvGnius; 02-27-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Can someone suggest a good program that's not very expensive and easy to use for good slow motion, bloom effects and more? I am a wedding videographer and SE just doesn't cut it. I am buying Final Cut when I can afford it but I need an easy fix for now.

Vegas Pro 8.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Would I just buy Vegas Pro 8 for the VT System or do I need any additional hardware/more space? How easy is it to learn? How much should it cost?

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpig04
    Would I just buy Vegas Pro 8 for the VT System or do I need any additional hardware/more space? How easy is it to learn? How much should it cost?
    It did just have a $99 upgrade sale.
    So you could buy Vegas 6 for $80 then the upgrade to 8 Pro for $99.
    But I think that has past.

There is a demo I believe so try it out, it should run fine on your VT machine.
    To me Vegas has one of the most UN-Intimidating interfaces.

It's a nice compliment to a Speed Edit box.

Vegas Pro 8 can work fine on a VT system, there are no conflicts between it and VT or SpeedEDIT.

Of course, Vegas Pro 8 can work fine on its own as well.

You should definitely try the free 30-day fully functional demo of it.

It's the lowest costing end-to-end NLE suite on the market today.

It's also well worth the money. It is currently selling for $359.99 at Safe Harbor. You really owe it to yourself to take a look at the features and try the demo.

http://www.sharbor.com/products/SFON0320046.html

It's a different type of NLE from SpeedEDIT, and no, I didn't find it difficult to learn at all. There are some things SpeedEDIT can do better, and there are some things Vegas Pro 8 can do better.

Having them both simply gives you more tools to choose from depending on the job at hand.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast