Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: Studdering Slow Motion

  1. #16

    Bugs

    I had wanted to get a few edits done with VT5 to see what bugs show up before I contacted tech support. I also have been looking to see if people were having the same issues as I was.

    Thank you for the link I will be posting to it.
    My issues with VT5 are

    The mentioned slo-mo problem

    The auto audio fade out does not work for me- The audio does not fade out automatically when you have a transition between the clips. It will fade in when the next clip starts but the previous clip does not fade out. I have to go back and manually add the fade. I can sometimes add many clips to the timmeline before this problem shows up, sometimes it happens right away-I can not see a pattern.

    The wrapper does not work for me-
    Can't get it to work with TMPEG
    and I really need it to work with my Cinema Craft Encoder Basic
    MPEG encoder and it will not.

  2. #17
    CreatvGnius
    Guest

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo
    I had wanted to get a few edits done with VT5 to see what bugs show up before I contacted tech support. I also have been looking to see if people were having the same issues as I was.

    Thank you for the link I will be posting to it.
    My issues with VT5 are

    The mentioned slo-mo problem

    The auto audio fade out does not work for me- The audio does not fade out automatically when you have a transition between the clips. It will fade in when the next clip starts but the previous clip does not fade out. I have to go back and manually add the fade. I can sometimes add many clips to the timmeline before this problem shows up, sometimes it happens right away-I can not see a pattern.

    The wrapper does not work for me-
    Can't get it to work with TMPEG
    and I really need it to work with my Cinema Craft Encoder Basic
    MPEG encoder and it will not.
    Please forgive me if you've already served this up: Have you posted in this thread, your host PC system specs, with as much detail as possible? Your audio issue with fades (what type codec is the audio file?) sounds -- well - a bit strange to me.
    -PeterG

  3. #18
    Again Rich, I am having the exact same problem. I would love to know if it can be fixed because it's VERY annoying!

  4. #19

    Specs

    I have been using the NT25 codec and the HQ codec and I have not touched the audio defaults for those codecs.

    Running VT5
    Supermicro X5DAL
    3.07 gigahertz Intel Xeon (2 installed)
    2 Gigs of RAM
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, v.3264 RC1
    RADEON 9800 XT AGP
    Broadcom RAIDCore(tm) Controller- SATA drives

    Here is a link to a list of all codecs on my system
    http://theeventvideopros.com/Codecs.txt

    I am wondering if the old third party VT wipes that I am using with SE could cause the fade problem?

  5. #20
    CreatvGnius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo
    I have been using the NT25 codec and the HQ codec and I have not touched the audio defaults for those codecs.

    Running VT5
    Supermicro X5DAL
    3.07 gigahertz Intel Xeon (2 installed)
    2 Gigs of RAM
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, v.3264 RC1
    RADEON 9800 XT AGP
    Broadcom RAIDCore(tm) Controller- SATA drives

    Here is a link to a list of all codecs on my system
    http://theeventvideopros.com/Codecs.txt

    I am wondering if the old third party VT wipes that I am using with SE could cause the fade problem?
    Woah, Rich!? How does one get their host PC to spit out such a comprehensive list of installed codecs, as you have done there?

    Also, decent specs, but what type of RAM is onboard (DDR2?) and how fast is your system buss? 800MHz? 1066MHz?
    -PeterG

  6. #21

    System

    This will list your codecs
    http://www.updatexp.com/sherlock-codec-detective.html

    I don't know what type of RAM .
    MB specs
    Intel E7505 chipset and Front Side Bus of 533/400 MHZ

    VT4 worked fine editing SD video with these specs. VT5 has new drivers that were supposed to lower the memory overhead- VT5 should work just as well if not better than VT4 on my system.

  7. #22
    CreatvGnius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo
    This will list your codecs
    http://www.updatexp.com/sherlock-codec-detective.html

    I don't know what type of RAM .
    MB specs
    Intel E7505 chipset and Front Side Bus of 533/400 MHZ

    VT4 worked fine editing SD video with these specs. VT5 has new drivers that were supposed to lower the memory overhead- VT5 should work just as well if not better than VT4 on my system.
    Oh, OK, Rich. BTW, try this, just to see if it helps (after making sure your video drive is defragmented, and your DRIVE INDEX utility is shut off...)

    Reboot your PC, and HOLD DOWN F2 key (or whatever key is appropriate for enabling you to go into your system BIOS.

    Go to Advanced page with your RIGHT ARROW key

    Arrow Down to the LATENCY TIMER setting, and note what it currently is set to. (Let us know what that number is when you can).

    Change it to 128.

    Hit F10 to Save, then Exit.

    Reboot VT[5]. Any change in behavior (for the better)? If no change, put it back to the previous setting, but do let us know if you discern any result. (Just a shot in the dark.)

    Certainly hope you'll get this issue resolved, and soon! If you do, please report back to let us know what helped?

    Thanks for the link, by the way.
    -PeterG

  8. #23

    Bios

    Hi,
    What LATENCY?
    I only have LATENCY settings for PCI slots in the BIOS and they don't have number settings such as 128.

  9. #24
    XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    4,346
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpig04
    Usually you see a pretty result after rendering on other systems.
    Based on how SpeedEDIT works, unless you are hitting a computer performance issue, you will NEVER see a quality difference in the render versus the live SpeedEDIT playback.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

  10. #25
    Registered User ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo
    Intel E7505 chipset and Front Side Bus of 533/400 MHZ
    Is that number right? I guarantee that is lower then you want.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

  11. #26
    CreatvGnius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ted
    Is that number right? I guarantee that is lower then you want.
    Given the other specs he supplied, I would most *certainly* hope it's not right. Rich? Hollar back?
    -PeterG
    Last edited by CreatvGnius; 02-13-2008 at 09:10 PM.

  12. #27

    Fsb

    MB Specs
    http://www.supermicro.com/products/m...05/X5DAL-G.cfm

    Sure I would want a better FSB but that is what I have. It was working for VT4 and it is working for the most part for VT5 with SD footage.
    The bugs that I am seeing don't seem to be related to motherboard speed issues.
    of course I will need to move up to a quad core when I have the need to start doing HD on a regular basis

  13. #28
    CreatvGnius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo
    MB Specs
    http://www.supermicro.com/products/m...05/X5DAL-G.cfm


    The bugs that I am seeing don't seem to be related to motherboard speed issues.
    Relative to the lackluster performance you described, what gives you the confidence that buss speed/bandwidth issues isn't the bottleneck, Rich?
    -PeterG

  14. #29

    ?

    Why would a random slow motion clip have skips and jerks and then when you replace it it is fine. Why would the jerks still be in there after rendering the clip.

    All other clips play correctlyin the timeline-no blips at all

    What the heck would bus speed have to do with auto audio fade outs between clips, the auto fade in works fin ?

    I have been using the VT since day one and I am pretty good at picking up on what is a bug and what is not.
    The VT5 does not like something on my system now but it is not the specs because it worked fine for VT4. There is a conflict but I do not know what it is.I think that it could be codec related.
    I am pretty sure I cleared out all traces of VT4 before installing VT5

  15. #30
    CreatvGnius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo
    lWhat the heck would bus speed have to do with auto audio fade outs between clips, the auto fade in works fin ?
    OK. See what you mean there ("...but what do I know?").

    Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo
    I have been using the VT since day one and I am pretty good at picking up on what is a bug and what is not.
    The VT5 does not like something on my system now but it is not the specs because it worked fine for VT4. There is a conflict but I do not know what it is.I think that it could be codec related.
    I am pretty sure I cleared out all traces of VT4 before installing VT5
    Drives are defragged and there are no bad sectors in the way?
    -PeterG

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •