Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More space nebulas

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

Ah-haa...!

Thank You,.. testing... !

side note; krita smooth bilateral, good for NPR

Yes, krita has some excellent filters for such things, getting artsy filtering of images, do spend some hours trying most filters out if you have the time, which you havenīt, you always have to steal time from something.

Some filters can be slow so be careful on large images, and some may not work, you can also update the filters online within that Gmic filter, I need to update krita as well.

for the older hvīs stuff, some advices ..and also, I recommend to try the dpont warping texture, it has a lot of types, swirl, turbulence, fluid etc..but it can also be much much slower than other fractals, so in this case I use sprites for testing.
    Just did this, and as mentioned, sprites will not give you that full volume and depth and detail, but it depends on..sometimes you may just want a more etheral gas look, and since it renders in seconds...

Notes, activate all lights for the legacy hvīs, setup one star with nominal distance settings and fade with distance so you can move the star further away and it will shrink in size, also make sure you use inverse distance 2 an increase intensity a lot, here I have set it to 10000 lux, this way each light will affect the hvīs in close proximity, but it also depends on location of the light in relation to the hvīs sprite..so it can change drasticly.
    each light with slightly different color that also will tint the hvīs color a bit.
    For hv color I use textured value two layers with slight changes in gradients.

Renders in seconds and almost realtime with VPR, that is what makes it fun to use with instant tweaking feedback, going full volumetrics and you will loose the effeciency and fun of all that unfortunately, and you will have to spend much much more time to get what you want, that said..if you do get it as you want, it will be more fuller and realistic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hv sprite nebs.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	356.7 KB 
ID:	148436

and another one, increased frequence in the warping texture a bit and moved the null, added another light and move that.
    itīs fun when you fluently can tweak it so fast with sprites, you can get several houndreds of variations very quickly if you want that and are in the mood, put on vangelis or brian eno space related stuff to get in the mood.
    I would need to record how fast it is to tweak to get an understanding on the artistic freedom you get with this, almost like painting, but even faster.
    By moving both the hv null the shape, detail and swirl will change, by moving the lights, the illuminated parts and color brilliance will change drasticly as well.

Itīs more of artsy space phenomena than actual nebula perhaps, but I like it.
    (Thanks Denis P for your textures)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image000_001.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	148437

Completely Love these!

Great Work! 

thanks for info,
    by the way, i did have some fun with DPont Flow Noise some time back, you might wanna try it for streaky lines.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Completely Love these!

Great Work! 

thanks for info,
    by the way, i did have some fun with DPont Flow Noise some time back, you might wanna try it for streaky lines.
    Oh..I have messed with flow noise a lot in the past, for nebs and clouds, but I much more prefer this fractal, and almost never use flow noise for clouds or nebs, not even for cirrus style.
    Flow noise is more interesting in terrain work I think.
    Then again, you may have discovered a little tweak I havenīt, so if you have samples on those streaky lines I would like to see it, and see if another fractal or ways to distort it could do the same.

Gas solver, or another truly fluid generator engine would be great, but it also takes a lot lot more work to simulate and get right, and also harder to solve quality, so itīs not as fun and direct..and much more trial and error, but if done right it can of course be fantastic.

if you have samples on those streaky lines I would like to see it, and see if another fractal or ways to distort it could do the same.
    i will have to see if i can find it,...

my dear LightWave Directory is currently... 350GB...

i will have to see if i can find it,...

my dear LightWave Directory is currently... 350GB...
    And back that up, I just have done a lot of backing up of all my files, had to buy two new 8TB backup plus drives though.

As for flow noise, the problem with that kind of those or issue that I do not like, you have to use advection ..and that part is often giving a sort of style of circular advections which I do not like so much, I think the warping is much better at production advectional styles of undulations in a form.

Fbm in the right invert mode and some additional transform fractals in position or rotation is also great

flow noise, ....... you have to use advection ..and that part is often giving a sort of style of circular advections
    yes, very true, only works for certain things, not clouds so much i'd guess...
    what u know, found it...

had to buy two new 8TB backup plus drives
    good, would be a real shame to loose valuable data, i back up as much as i can.
    2-3 drives here, and 1 at my parents house.

yes, very true, only works for certain things, not clouds so much i'd guess...
    what u know, found it...

good, would be a real shame to loose valuable data, i back up as much as i can.
    2-3 drives here, and 1 at my parents house.
    Yes, but as I mentioned, it always has that circular advection look,(depends also on the various scaling of course) unless reducing the advection amount, that will help avoid that, but also less general advection, so I tend to use other fractals to deform as I want.
    Itīs one of the beauty with Lightwaves fractals that there are so many of them, and what I miss in the other 3D you know what.

Yes, another backup in another location..in case of fire or earthquakes, perhaps on mars...Itīs the only way to be sure

Yes, another backup in another location..in case of fire or earthquakes, perhaps on mars...Itīs the only way to be sure
    hope that man pulls it off,... would be Awesome. Hope for Humanity and all that...

hope that man pulls it off,... would be Awesome. Hope for Humanity and all that...

more people than him that needs recognition.
    it's ultimately a group effort...and one important thing for it to succed...which has to be in the plan...that is to continue and try again..even if they fail with casualties the first time.

mars is just drop in the ocean when it comes to hope for
    human survival.
    when techology and energy can provide journey to our closest stars..within reasonable years.then it will be really interesting.
    I guess it also requires huge advances in cryotechics.

even then..no guaranty here will be any planetary bodies in those nearby stars we may be able to reach..so something else may be needed..such as creating our own habitable mini planets..island stations to live on.

such tech will take some time to master and I most likely will not live to see it in its birth..but perhaps i will live long enough to see the cradle of the concept ideas taking form and be accepted by science and engineers as being possible.
    even if it wont matter a squat for me when Im gone..it would make me rejoyce a bit for mankind..provided if we by then have developed a bit more to earn such a second chance on a new place in space.

6-8 months or earlier..then we may be able to see animated images from drone flights over the mars surface I think from the recent nasa rockets and probes..thats exciting.

edit
    .sloppy spelling here and there.too small buttons on my mobile phone..and while writing in my bed.
    sun is rising..which means I got to enter my coffin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123