Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Serious Lightwave Artists for independant film.

hey buddy. I am redoing 85% of the ffects in the movie. ive redone 100% of your shots. and from scratch too. there are going to be like 2-3 greg shots left. Seriously after looking at the way you setup scenes and the results you got, you really shouldnt be talking. but hey once the movie comes out you will see exactly how much i did. by myself, in the same timeline you had.

ach time i open up a shot it boggles my mind as to what you were thinking. Yes I am doing ALL the remaining effects for the entire movie by myself. 85% REDOING them. Seriously, if i really wanted to be a dick, i would show the crap that im having to replace. But it really never had to be this way, ive always treated you positively and worked with enthusiasm. you are the one that sat there with a "I dont give a ****" attitude. you had a chip on your shoulder from day one. And yes i do know how to use houdini.

most terra survivors? you mean you and erin? lol (everyone else is still here). I wouldnt want to be flattered by either of you. i dont have a problem with greg (or erin for that matter). But if they are talking behind my back - thanks for letting me know. Im glad you guys are thinking about me though, must have made an impression. No one really misses you though, ill be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by toby
    Oh yea, blah, blah, blah, I'm great, everybody loves me, "I'm an effects supervisor! I'm an effects supervisor!" blah blah blah. You bitched and moaned after Gregg left that you should have that title, even though Gregg did 85% of the work, and you never supervised anyone, did you? You claim that title because there was no one else is left doing LW particles. And it's put quite a chip on your shoulder, hasn't it. Well Mr. "effects supervisor", know how to use Houdini, much less lead a team of Houdini artists and/or Python programmers? No, you're just the last one left when everyone else went on to bigger and better things. So don't insult *real* effects supes with your petty bragging.

And all the other crap about "everyone gets along with me" is also horsesh**, don't bother spewing that, you're a common topic with most of us Terra survivors, and it's not flattering.

p.s. Im glad that you find my logic impeccable.

"the only person that seems to have problems in real life with real people is you Toby"

"yes it is very telling that you are the only one who has an issue with me, AbnRanger"

"you on the other hand always had a problem with my views on macs, Wonderpup"

Somehow *anyone* who has a problem with you is the *only* one who has a problem with you. Your logic is impeccable. To a moron.
    Last edited by Stooch; 02-03-2008 at 11:23 AM.

ideal game for some of you!

stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

lol. we played frisbee in the local park until we got kicked out for hitting too many visitors. (accidentaly)

User.
    Stooch I think at your direct attitude approach, all there is missing there, is a direct positive approach aswell. So your a direct person. Thats fine. I too am like that, and just say out laud what I feel. It just cutts the you know what, and gets to the point directly. But, theres always something good in someone elses work is there? I mean, do you believe that most artwork here is completely bad 100% ? Thus you emphasize that alone?

What Im saying is, if you mention the good parts and then unleash hell, it would be far more acceptable to all of us, rather then just the nasty parts of it, that you put all the lighting and cameras on. JUst say something good, and then the whole bad each time. It wont hurt will it?

I dont think this community asks too much from you.

hey instead of taking abnrangers accusations as fact. why dont you take the time and actually look at my critiques in the wip section, im really tempted to tear into you right now but ill give you the benefit of the doubt.

you can see that im perfectly fair. and honestly its about time this thread ended.

Quote Originally Posted by diedond
    Stooch I think at your direct attitude approach, all there is missing there, is a direct positive approach aswell. So your a direct person. Thats fine. I too am like that, and just say out laud what I feel. It just cutts the you know what, and gets to the point directly. But, theres always something good in someone elses work is there? I mean, do you believe that most artwork here is completely bad 100% ? Thus you emphasize that alone?

What Im saying is, if you mention the good parts and then unleash hell, it would be far more acceptable to all of us, rather then just the nasty parts of it, that you put all the lighting and cameras on. JUst say something good, and then the whole bad each time. It wont hurt will it?

I dont think this community asks too much from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stooch
    honestly its about time this thread ended.
    It's gone nowhere fast. Going downhill in reverse.

Serious Lightwave artists for independent films have turned into Psychotic Lightwave Fanatics applying the Julienne tool to their enemies....
    visual effect/mograph artist
    Cinema 4D | Lightwave v9.6 | modo 401 | Maestro 2 | Kray 1.7
    MacBook Pro C2D 3 GB

this would have been much better managed by taking their gripes PRIVATE messaging rather than a public slanging match right in the centre of a enquiring thread on independant film making.

i' don't care who you are if your right or lying out of your posterior you shoudl at least appologise for killing the thread posted by the person at the start..

what's he to think now?
    ''generally lightwave artists are toddlers screaming for their ball back?''

i'm utterly ashamed of you...you should know better.
    and your doing a great job making ALL lightwave users look bad here too.
    Last edited by cresshead; 02-04-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    stee+cat

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

sorry for having legitimate concerns that resulted in this thread being killed. i guess you will never appreciate it until someone rips you off. its true, i should have sent you a pm to find out more. but hey when making a post in forums you are kind of inviting open conversation.

the section in the JOBs area however is specifically made to avoid this in the first place.
    Last edited by Stooch; 02-04-2008 at 11:48 AM.

if you have a gripe with someone newtek are quite tolerent of threads, so go and make your own 'NEW' thread on that specific subject...you can even link to it from within the thread where it started and use the darn OFF TOPIC icon, that's what the icon is for so we can ignore rubbish....don't ruin other people's threads.

it's just bad form

and thanks for the 'sorry' , good to see people can see the damage done in the heat of the moment.
    Last edited by cresshead; 02-04-2008 at 11:54 AM.
    stee+cat

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

The fact that Stooch actually did say "sorry" points something out to me pretty positively.
    visual effect/mograph artist
    Cinema 4D | Lightwave v9.6 | modo 401 | Maestro 2 | Kray 1.7
    MacBook Pro C2D 3 GB

Good. Now with that all agreed. Take a look at this for future reference:

The NewTek Discussion Forums are a private venue provided as a service to NewTek customers at NewTek's discretion. As such, the NewTek Discussion Forums are not a free speech zone, they are for professional and civil discourse regarding NewTek products by NewTek users.

The following items are not considered professional or civil discourse allowed on these forums:

* Off-topic and controversial subjects such as Religion and Politics
    * Comments of an "off color" nature inappropriate for viewing by minors
    * Non-constructive criticism of a malicious nature
    * Personal attacks against NewTek customers or employees and their family members
    * Promotional messages and material for competing products

Those who are unable to keep their posts on topic, unable to maintain responsible civil conversation with others or who have no purpose on the NewTek forums other than to promote competing products will have their accounts removed.

Moderation decisions are not subject to public discussion. If you have comments, send an email or private message to the moderators.
    I am going to PM the moderator and see if he will come in here and clean this all up and perhaps leave the on topic stuff.

If anyone else cares to join in on that effort - to PM the moderator - that would be great.

This is a great place to play and I am all for open discussion but clearly this got way out of hand.

This thread was like sitting in a theatre watching bad film. You always know what's coming next and there is nothing you can do about it.

In many ways this thing started long ago before Logan3000 even posted this thread. It started years and years ago when people started taking advantage of other people's talents and abilities and not compensating them properly.

Flash to the present and here comes a guy with a dream. He's thinking big. There are stars in his eyes. He's waited years for for the right project to come along and now that is has, he needs to find some kindred spirits. He's heard of a village called Newtekopia where the people are all happy and talented CG artists. He hopes the people there will be as exited about his project as he is.

Little does he know that he is stepping into a mine field. He has no idea that his post fits a profile, BUT fits a profile it most certainly DO! Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Now bring bring on the natives and angry villagers with pitchforks and other farm implements. They are the ones who got ripped off by a whole series of carpet baggers, land grabbers and robber barons. The chief of the tribe grabs a pitchfork from one of the near by villagers and approaches the stranger. Not to kill him mind you. No he's just going to give him a few customary greeting pokes. Cautiously he jabs the pitch fork in the general direction of the stranger's genitals.... as is the custom of the village.

Chief: Unh! Uh! Grumble Grumble!

Unfortunately for our stranger he knows nothing of these local customs. It's no surprise then that he tries to avoid the tines of the pitchfork and loudly protests this assault on the integrity of his manhood.

Stranger: HeY HEY!!! That hurts! Ooh OW! Hey I need those things. Come on...

Sadly for our stranger this is the worst possible thing he could have done. Now the elders speak amongst themselves...... In less than a moment things go from bad to worse as the villagers surround the stranger.

Stranger: I'm sorry. Really I am. I was just trying to make a film. Help! Help! SOME BODY SAVE ME!!!

POV: Villagers approaching.... Spears converging.

Villagers: Unga unga, Unga unga, Unga unga,

Just when all seems lost for our intrepid stranger a squabble breaks out amongst the villagers. It seems there is some question over whether or not to use Bay Leaves. The squabble soon turns into an all out duel between two of the village elders with the rest of the villagers standing on the sidelines making wagers on the outcome. Our stranger seizes the moment and escapes into the forest unnoticed.... Leaving only one question... Will there be a sequel?

Unga unga,

Lol i like you lighthearted take on it.

This is the first time I've seen the entire progression of a thread storyboarded using the little smiley face things. Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by agv
    This is the first time I've seen the entire progression of a thread storyboarded using the little smiley face things. Nice job!
    Thank you. Too bad we are limited to only 10 smilies per post

I was actually thinking of using smilies the next time I am asked to do some storyboarding, but I'm not sure I could get away with it.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast