Thread: Modeller freaking out everytime I try to add plugins

Modeller freaking out everytime I try to add plugins

Hi, I am having a problem with modeler. Every time I try to add a plug in by pressing alt+f11 modeler crashes without fail every single time.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Not much fun not being able to add plug ins.

You can add them in layout instead. They'll pop up in modeler.
    What version are you using?
    http://walen.se my plugins

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Alas, this is a VERY long standing problem.
    It seems to be related to certain plugins - as annoying as it is, there just (so far) doesn't seem to be a catch-all solution.
    Too old to die young.

Have you tried killing your configs?

Killing the configs will work up until you get to the "problem" plugin, after that, you'll start to get the crash. One that is known to cause problems is LWCAD, another I find is easyspline. Plus there are a few others.

My guess is something has changed and the plugins which cause the problem are either utilising a depreciated action or are not using something that is needed for LW9.

(That said, you get similar problems with LW8.5 but I'm still putting money on it being a coding thing with certain plugins).
    Too old to die young.

With LWCad, I've always added it via the executable that comes with it. Never had a problem.
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!

this was a problem in 9.2 but is fixed in 9.3 I believe...

so what version of LW are you having trouble with ?

Quote Originally Posted by OOZZEE
    this was a problem in 9.2 but is fixed in 9.3 I believe...

so what version of LW are you having trouble with ?
    I had to load my plugins using 9.3. Then use them in 9.3.1 since they use the same config. It's a crap shoot in 9.3.1 Sometimes it works sometimes as soon as I open the plugins window it crashes.
    Playing guitar is an endless process of running out of fingers.

Hey, so many replies. I purchased LWCAD 2.5 the other day and discovered that , that is causing the problem (thanks for the suggestion)

I went in and deleted that plugin folder for CAD and now it will open up the plugin panel just fine. Would it be because the CAD plug creates its own folder within the plugin directory?

I'm running the latest version of LW. 9.3.1

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by colkai
    One that is known to cause problems is LWCAD, another I find is easyspline. Plus there are a few others.
    That's not EasySpline problem, but LightWave.. It's crashing when any custom polygon handler is added to system where exactly the same polygon handler is present.. After adding, crashing, and restarting Modeler, everything is fine, and you can work no problem, because config files are saved before crash in Modeler.

Not trying to apportion blame either way - just noting that certain plugins cause it.
    Yep, I know it saves the configs but it would be sure nice if it was fixed as I spend 90% of my time in modeller.
    Too old to die young.

Newbie Member
    Thanks, guys, especially Hopper! I was in panic mode because LW 9.3.1 wouldn't load my IFW plugins (after I had to do a clean install because I did something really stupid) and I needed them for the project I'm working on. LW 9.0 loaded them with no problems.