Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie

Always Learning

"Murphy is alive, well, and still immortal"

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie
    Morning, Ted.
    There is no "safe," right? There is only "safe enough" (relative to how much you have hanging out there if it goes south.) Few if any devices are 100% reliable, and that's without considering Murphy's Law of Unforeseeable Dependencies.
    Steve says it ALL!
    Ken W.

Just a quick follow-up. We've been swamped and will finish these videos next week, I hope.

We ended up making 7-8 switched segments of each 1+ hour show. I brought the segments in VT5 and now that I've seen each segment, I'm very happy.
    This will make post much easier.

TriCaster opens up new sources of revenue for us. It's a great production tool!
    You can bet your Bippy we'll be doing more of this over the next few years! Thanks NewTek.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

CreatvGnius
    Quote Originally Posted by ted
    Just a quick follow-up. We've been swamped and will finish these videos next week, I hope.

We ended up making 7-8 switched segments of each 1+ hour show. I brought the segments in VT5 and now that I've seen each segment, I'm very happy.
    This will make post much easier.

TriCaster opens up new sources of revenue for us. It's a great production tool!
    You can bet your Bippy we'll be doing more of this over the next few years! Thanks NewTek.
    Hi, again, Ted -- Portability and time-savings during residual Post production aside, how is it that TriCaster™ will enable you to make more money? Tell us what you've been most impressed with, in this regard.
    -PeterG

I want to be careful because my competition reads my posts.

Seriously, the fact that I could shoot Two, hour + shows in a day and post each of those in less then two hours means I can take more of this kind of work. Previoulsy I would have been over priced for these and not gone after them.

Every week we have speakers at various Hotels and banquet facilites. If I can take a couple cameras, live switch and probably do all posting live, I can sell the speaker on having a finished DVD to send out for more work. Instant demo for them. Easy one day productions for us.

The list of quick, easy, multi-camera productions is endless. I won't list all my options here.
    But shooting all day and spending several days posting at our rate has excluded us from taking these on.
    With TriCaster I can hold our hourly/daily rate and land a few more of these type gigs because we can do more for less.

For much more discussion I'd rather take it off forum. At least till I own the market.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

CreatvGnius
    Quote Originally Posted by ted
    I want to be careful because my competition reads my posts.

Seriously, the fact that I could shoot Two, hour + shows in a day and post each of those in less then two hours means I can take more of this kind of work. Previoulsy I would have been over priced for these and not gone after them.

Every week we have speakers at various Hotels and banquet facilites. If I can take a couple cameras, live switch and probably do all posting live, I can sell the speaker on having a finished DVD to send out for more work. Instant demo for them. Easy one day productions for us.

The list of quick, easy, multi-camera productions is endless. I won't list all my options here.
    But shooting all day and spending several days posting at our rate has excluded us from taking these on.
    With TriCaster I can hold our hourly/daily rate and land a few more of these type gigs because we can do more for less.

For much more discussion I'd rather take it off forum. At least till I own the market.
    All this is exciting to hear. Happy for you, Ted!
    -PeterG

Power

Hey Ted --

'Sympathize with you on the 220. We did a show a few years ago where some distros wired for 110 got hooked in 220. The smoke machines worked really great that day....
    Stephen Self
    Happy NewTekie Since 1998
    www.n-ventivetv.com

Newbie Member
    I just bought 2 TriCaster Studios and created an account with Limelight Networks. Our first event is Februrary 10th. Thanks for all the good advice on this thread.

CreatvGnius
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed.Roth
    I just bought 2 TriCaster Studios and created an account with Limelight Networks. Our first event is Februrary 10th. Thanks for all the good advice on this thread.
    Congrats to you, Reed!
    -PeterG

Newbie Member

Need some input

I had a few questions concerning what I might need to prepare for in the event of problems. The reason why I am asked this is because I am totally new to the whole try Castro thing. As well as live broadcasting. I am actually trying to start a small video club in a small-town community. What I am looking to is possibly get the local support, to be able to do community broadcast.

You might say small-town broadcasting that involves the community in as many aspects as possible. While still at the same time trying to have an independent take on things.

Some of the things that I'm wondering are. What do I need to have prepared to take into the field? We are looking to actually do wireless cameras. So we don't have as many tables to have to run. What other type of equipment, would you suggest us bringing in on a startup programs such as this?

Also, I am not the mayor with some of the terms of which everyone uses out here. So if you would possibly use layman's terms that would be great. Like I said, I am still try to familiarize myself with all of this as well as the rest of us.

Any and all suggestions and help or greatly appreciated and welcome. If anyone would like to contact me please ask for the information now will be more than happy to give it to you. Like I said, I am just trying to get a program up and running as best as possible and with as little flaws as possible.

Thank you

CreatvGnius
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack033
    I had a few questions concerning what I might need to prepare for in the event of problems.
    Welcome to the TriCaster™ fold, Zack!
    I'm willing to start you off with the first entry into a list of needed items.
    1. Invest in an U.P.S. (Uninterruptible Power Supply) that's hefty enough to at least power your TriCaster and Display (i.e., Computer Monitor). An U.P.S. is readily available at most any large box computer store (Circuit City, Best Buy, even Jef Kethley Blaine Holmes (among other great VT Dealers) etc., etc.) and for goodness' sakes, Zack, use it!
    2. Back up your recordings with some form of video tape or video disk recording device (at least have tape running in "RECORD" mode inside each camera being used in the multi-camera shoot, so you'll have "backup" recordings.
    3.Use the same length camera cable for each of the cameras connected together for a live-switch so as to make it far, far easier to come up with a respectable degree of matching the colors for each of the connected cameras.
    4.Don't think that high quality, wireless audio and video transmission to your switcher (or TriCaster™) is necessarily gonna' be real cheap or without fuss...
    -PeterG
    Last edited by CreatvGnius; 02-17-2008 at 09:34 PM.

CreatvGnius
    Feel free to add more, folks...
    -PeterG

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed.Roth

How did it go buddy?

We're still waiting on approval on our first 2, 1 hour videos we did.

But I wanted to show how we transformed our Motor Home into a control room just outside the facility.
    Note the 25" Sony program monitor top left, BU Deck to the right and that decks monitor to the right of that.
    I also have a camera showing the entire set, (camera men and all) feeding the small monitor bottom left. This helped when I was communicating with the crew especially during set-up and rehearsal.
    The biggest thing I need to address is communications. I rented a GREAT wireless intercom, but it was $300 for the week.

Here is a picture of the "Control Room".
    I lied. I'll try again later.
    Last edited by ted; 03-06-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12