Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forest home

forest home

Playing around with Vue and Lightwave. Took about 40 min for 1600x800 image to render.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vpiiforest2.jpg 
Views:	1418 
Size:	494.2 KB 
ID:	53404  

I like that a lot!
    I bought a Mac Pro, and it was out of date before it arrived.

I then bought a MacBook Pro. It, too, was out of date before it arrived.

Wait a week after I've bought it if you want the latest.

Thanks for looking and comment. I had not played with Vue in a while so it has been fun getting back into it again.

Ahead of the "curve"
    Beautiful! I want the blueprints.
    Tiffani Banaszak
    Safe Harbor Computers
    www.sharbor.com

Very nice!
    visual effect/mograph artist
    Cinema 4D | Lightwave v9.6 | modo 401 | Maestro 2 | Kray 1.7
    MacBook Pro C2D 3 GB

Yes I agree with the trees to close to water, I was using a general eco system for placement for trees. Should of put a hidden box around the water to stop plants from growing there. If interested here is the interior of the same home.

Name:	vpiiforestInt.jpg 
Views:	786 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	53429  

vpii - nice interior, especially the materials for the floor and furnishings - tho the wall texture is too strong at the mome i find ...

j.
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Your not alone on the walls, there was comments the very same on the project to make walls toned down, more warm color.

Awsome render

vpii, Your Architectural rendering is nearly photo real. Is this a composite from Vue and LW or is this a result from vue xstream? (integrated)

I have Vue 5 and have been on the fence to upgrade to Vue 6.5 xstream. Your render makes me want to get back into Vue.

You fellows do some incredible work.

Quote Originally Posted by caddaraman
    vpii, Your Architectural rendering is nearly photo real. Is this a composite from Vue and LW or is this a result from vue xstream? (integrated)

I have Vue 5 and have been on the fence to upgrade to Vue 6.5 xstream. Your render makes me want to get back into Vue.

You fellows do some incredible work.

Hey thanks for the nice comments. I have struggled with mixing Vue to LW so I render my 1st pass in Lightwave, then load the image rendered as a background and frontend projection. Adjust the Lum and diffuse to get a good shadow ballance so Vue trees cast shadows on your frontend textures of home. 2nd good thing here is now you do not need GI in Vue so renders are very fast using this method. Hope this helps. Attached is the frontend original before Vue.

Mike

Name:	frontend.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	53459  

Thanks for the response, I was hoping you would say "x-stream integrated with Lightwave." At any rate, you have obviously achieved your goal.

Very nice render

It is maybe a work around, but really I think it is faster production this way. Vue does a very good job at what it does and I highly recommend it. Alot of projects might even be fully rendered in Vue if you get good at there material system. I still am learning so this way seems good for now.

Real nice work; I especially like the "bridge" that goes over the stream, to get to the next section of the cabin.

-Keith
    When you know you're a "cup half-full" kind of guy:

"Sir; they've got us surrounded!"

"Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

Nice image. The only thing that bothers me is the edge between the water and the land. It looks way to "sharp" for lack of a better word to explain it.

So I'm still a little confused as to your workflow. You render out your cabin in Lightwave. Then you bring that image into Vue and use it as the background? Or do you map it on the objects inside of LW as front project and then use xstream?

I too would love a more thorough explanation as I have a project that also requires mixing LW and VUE in this way.
    Jeffrey R. Markham
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast