Thread: DVD writer with Tricaster studio

DVD writer with Tricaster studio

Can i connect or fit a DVD Writer on Tricaster studio so that i can write a finished video file after Live switching

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    You can connect an external DVD Burner via S-Video or USB, yes.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

Thanks for helping me Paul

You could also use your DVD burner to record in real time, saving you a ton of time rendering "after-the-fact". I have had excellent results using an A/V distribution amp to "drive" multiple DVD burners concurrently, during a live event. Then when you are finished, you simply give/sell the finished product to the client. I drive multiple burners so that I will have an original "burned" copy that I can make ISO images from. Again, this saves considerable time by not having to render the AVI's.

Hi, SportsJunkie

I am interested on your subject about realtime DVD burner can I use my normal external usb pc DVD writer for that, if yes please guide me.

Hi, SportsJunkie

I am interested on your subject about realtime DVD burner can I use my normal external usb pc DVD writer for that, if yes please guide me.

Although the Sony DVDirect does have a USB port, I have never tried it. I usually use the S-Video for my video feed and the simple RCA jacks (Red/White) for my audio feeds. Because I am driving two burners at the same time, I feed both of the burners from a Calrad A/V distribution amp. Since 90% of my video is captured at sporting events, I have built an ATA travel case with wheels, slide-out keyboard tray, drawers and dual monitor mounts. I wired all the electrical into a surge protector and then I wired the suppressor into a male, flush mount 110v electrical jack. Now when I show up on site all my gear is self contained, foam padded and all I have to do is plug an extension cord into the side of the case. (Of course, it does take two grown men to haul it up any stairs and some of the older gyms are a bit precarious.)