Thread: Vue alpha

Vue alpha

Has anyone found a solution yet for getting a good alpha of the vue elements within LW? Something more elegent then turning everything black in vue, and everything white in LW and rendering?

is there something wrong with the multipass?, what do you mean by a `good alpha`
    VueScripts.com

I too wondered about this. I want to for example have some trees in the front be one layer and then the rest as the background layer. Then i will put both onto poly's in LW. This way i can build a virtual set. Any help is appreciated. I too have issues with the multipass/ alpha setup going from VUE to LW.
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. You can quote them. Disagree

Well if the multipass actually worked it might be an option.

I currently have the guys at E-On software looking at some scenes of mine trying to figure out what is wrong and why I can't get the multipass buffers to work.

is there a way to tell it to make a boundary? like anything past this point in another layer? I tried using the only render selected so i could break out some of the foliage but no luck.
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. You can quote them. Disagree

No way that I have been able to figure out.

I tried using the render only selected. This in theory would work yes?
    That way i end up with an alpha channeled image?
    then i either reverse the selection.. or move the camera a bit past or even just delete the selected and rending a 2nd pass
    Anyone able to get this to work?
    Or is there a better way?

I too wondered about this. I want to for example have some trees in the front be one layer and then the rest as the background layer. Then i will put both onto poly's in LW. This way i can build a virtual set. Any help is appreciated. I too have issues with the multipass/ alpha setup going from VUE to LW.
    doing this depends on your ground geometry source, if its VueNative geometry then you will need 2 pieces, one for foreground and one for background, put them in different layers and enable layer masks in multipass.
    If your using LW geometry then you should create `parts` out of your desired foreground and background sections, export from LW as a wavefront object and when that is imported into Vue you can cut/paste the parts into different layers and again enable layer masks in multipass.

remember with Vue geometry you can always export it, take it into LW and make parts out of it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	multipass.gif 
Views:	291 
Size:	328.0 KB 
ID:	53189  
    VueScripts.com