Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .mov files are not seen or edited in SP1.5 ?

.mov files are not seen or edited in SP1.5 ?

1) .mov files are not seen or edited in SP1.5 ?
    2) ulead and Sony editing does, allow to edit
    3) Mirage 1.5 pro+ also edits .mov files
    4) Called tek and set ac3 enabled Now SP crashes always when loading a .mov file audio/video
    5) Don't tell me SPeed edit 1.5 does not yet work with .mov files to edit?
    6) can't control audio volume in dissabled AC3 settings, Why?

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    SE currently doesn't support all flavours of QT. This is because they use their own implementation of QT instead of using the Apple QT libraries (I assume for performance reasons).
    What codec do your QTs use?

Cheers,
    Mike

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Actually, I would assume for licensing reasons, since other NLEs do use the real QT 7 Pro to supply the latest QT 7 codecs.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioProd
    Actually, I would assume for licensing reasons, since other NLEs do use the real QT 7 Pro to supply the latest QT 7 codecs.
    Nope.
    A) You don't need pro to access the codecs from an application to read. To write them out you do... but the pro license if bought by the end user.
    B) The QT SDK is free from Apple, and while you need to license it it doesn't cost anything - for development or distribution. Mind you, last time I looked it was still like they ported half of OS9 to windows to make it work...

Cheers,
    Mike

The QT SDK is free from Apple, give link can't find

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf
    Nope.
    A) You don't need pro to access the codecs from an application to read. To write them out you do... but the pro license if bought by the end user.
    B) The QT SDK is free from Apple, and while you need to license it it doesn't cost anything - for development or distribution. Mind you, last time I looked it was still like they ported half of OS9 to windows to make it work...

Cheers,
    Mike
    The QT SDK is free from Apple, give link can't find and WHY should I start looking for something SpeedEdit allready should have to be AS ADVERTISED?
    This is BS Newtek, get your act together and make your products DO as Advertise, I am really upseat about finding this out after buying a HD cameras, that is 2 cameras down, and trying to get ANY stait information FROM Newtek is like pulling teeth, Newtek COME clean and tell us ALL what does work with SPEED EDIT and WHAT CAMERA WORK WITH IT NOW, NO more delays answer the question, before NEXT year, like right now would be great to know.

Denis, deep breath.
    You will always get better responses with kinder inquireies.

I too would love to hear an official response from NewTek on what the issue is and what are the plans to overcome this?
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

I must be a little confused. We still don't seem to know which particular codec the files were created with, do we? And am I misunderstanding - what HD cameras, if any, save as Quicktime? Or is that another topic?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I have been more than kind, for years now, But

Quote Originally Posted by ted
    Denis, deep breath.
    You will always get better responses with kinder inquireies.

I too would love to hear an official response from NewTek on what the issue is and what are the plans to overcome this?
    Sometimes You have to make people LISTEN to the CUSTOMER , as I am also a resellere doubly so.
    Do not ever make this mistake of lecturing me here or anywhere , it is only because you fail to understand the product NEEDS to function as SOLD and advertised not by being miss informed.

You sir are out of line and stay out. Many people who were far smarter than you have been helpful, you sir are NOT.

I had 3 strokes, 1 heart attack and lost my memory after heart surgary at hospital may 2000. I am learning life. AS I do I learn that products sold seem to still be in beta testing or DO NOT FUNCTION AS SOLD.

I am luck to take a deep breath, but no longer willing to accept miss information and bad or incomplete manuals/products and having to guess HOW things work, to find out I AM NOT doing anything wrong, and always thought I had to learn. I am learning, you sir are not learning, you are miss guiding with NO solutions to real world problems of NEWTEK's SpeedEdit.

I suggest you offer a solution or stay away. Another unqualified person to respond, marvalous, just marvalous.

enabled ac3/AAc decoding SE crashes always now

Quote Originally Posted by Denis G La Bine
    The QT SDK is free from Apple, give link can't find and WHY should I start looking for something SpeedEdit allready should have to be AS ADVERTISED?
    This is BS Newtek, get your act together and make your products DO as Advertise, I am really upseat about finding this out after buying a HD cameras, that is 2 cameras down, and trying to get ANY stait information FROM Newtek is like pulling teeth, Newtek COME clean and tell us ALL what does work with SPEED EDIT and WHAT CAMERA WORK WITH IT NOW, NO more delays answer the question, before NEXT year, like right now would be great to know.
    now many errors pops up
    aplication errors
    problem errors notifiy microsoft now pops up, how do I upload these screen captures.
    I hat this always in the middle of a project Software takes a dumpt, not consistantly, but it does

Hi Steve these HD cameras save as QT

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie
    I must be a little confused. We still don't seem to know which particular codec the files were created with, do we? And am I misunderstanding - what HD cameras, if any, save as Quicktime? Or is that another topic?
    1. Aiptek GO-HD 720P High-Definition Compact Camcorder

Model #: APK GOHD
    and Sanyo VPC-HD2 High-Definition Compact Camcorder Model #: SYO VPCHD2
    I place my 4 gig SD card and it video tapes unbelievable Sharp, amazing Clear HD like nothing you have even seen for under 300 to 700 dollars
    Works fantastically, see it in ulead, sony or mirage software and edit their, but no audi is in speed Edit 1.5 I bought 2 other cameras and still they do not work with Newtek's Speed Edit. What DOES work with speed edit? Somebody give me a clue so I can get to work before I die from another stroke or heart attack, like your giving me now stressing me out with NO information and NO way to resolve these issues.
    I am Upseat.

Yes, those 4 gig videos are nice. NTF with my WinOS and SE1.5.1. QT6.5 and WMP11. So if your getting call home errors, it is YOUR OS and system, not SE. Heck, you can still play .mov's in WMP10. I bet you have you VirusScan program running, huh?
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Aiptek GO-HD 720P High-Definition Compact Camcorder
    Interesting, thanks.

What DOES work with speed edit?
    Most DV/HDV cams, and some of the newer, more exotic stuff, but some formats are quite new and only partially supported, and clearly some not at all yet.

Somebody give me a clue so I can get to work before I die from another stroke or heart attack, like your giving me now stressing me out with NO information and NO way to resolve these issues.
    Denis, people are only asking for details so they can help. Obviously, you've run into something that doesn't work. Before anyone can make an intelligent comment, or offer any "information," much less a "way to resolve" (which may ultimately need input from NewTek) they need to know the details - which only you have.

HD cameras that capture as Quicktime are a new notion to me, don't think I've seen any previous reference to them in these forums. There has been frequent and open discussion here of the situation respecting 'partial' Quicktime support in SE. The reason Mike and I asked about the specific .mov codec (which we still don't know) is that some types do seem to work just fine.

If you've already invested in several cameras before finding out about these things, frustration is natural - but even starting down the path to progress begins with information. These forums are mostly about users helping users, and Ted - an experienced pro who has helped many, many people over an extended period of time, and whom you have just barked at - helpfully echoed your own request for input from NewTek. It seems unlikely this will be resolved in an hour or two, but with sufficient information progress may occur. (Often what is needed is to supply a sample file to Engineering along with a request for support in an upcoming build.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Well, I did find a sample file:
    http://www.goaiptek.com/samples/GO-HD_video-sample.MOV
    (and it promptly crashed my - latest - QT on xp64).

Apparently it includes a decoder for WMP 11 as well.

Cheers,
    Mike

Edit: It seems to be H.264 based.

I've had a fair bit of trouble with Quicktime on XP (32) in recent months, not resolved yet (no time.) But it would seem that any Apple Quicktime issues would be more or less irrelevant inside SE.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I have read the rant, but seems to be the old WinBlos updates may be causing this. I brougt it into an SE720pHDV bitrate project. Raw data should not be expected to convert automagically to a different project setting, though some formats can. It is simply a war, between OS/Prgms/Updates and Codecs. This is why we have our other Programs/Tools to do conversions. .dvr's from recorded TV will not work until converted to AVI or MOV in Super. I do not have QT Pro, but Super will still work with H264 conversions. Workflow, once you have Configured your OS and Programs, are up to the Professional to know how or where to fix issues when they come up. And once folks understand how to do what is needed, SE will take care of the speed to do the production. No NLE can accept or be expected to handel the NEW Codec Soup wars of HD/HDV. That is why we have tools to do coversions, and why new conversion programs appear every year. Unfortunatly, alot of these 30$ bill programs are hacked or pirated from other conversion programs. Super is just fast and quick to do conversions, that SE1.x.x will work with. But you also need to know how to configure an OS and Prefs to get PC/prgms performance. Since we can have mulitple SE startups, I've made and renamed the Shortcuts for Codec/Project sizes and put them in a desktop folder.

POV
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast