Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .mov files are not seen or edited in SP1.5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Denis G La Bine
    You sir are out of line and stay out. Many people who were far smarter than you have been helpful, you sir are NOT.
    I suggest you offer a solution or stay away. Another unqualified person to respond, marvalous, just marvalous.
    Denis, wow. I WAS actually trying to help you. It was a gesture of assistance so you could get the answers you needed.
    I even backed the significance of your question .

But with your reply, it's obvious that you are too smart for my help. At least too much of a smart arse anyways.
    You have a lot to learn and I don't mean just video.
    As you ask, I'm outta here.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Yikes! I thought the the topic "mov files are not seen or edited in SP1.5 ?"
    would be a thread of interest to me. It quickly reminded me of why I left these public forums for the most part. < ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz >
    Sorry to waste more bandwidth by adding to it.
    Brian Jansen
    DIGITAL POST INC.

interesting after speeking with newtek, I found

1) the sample mov files works great in Se and Se1.5. But the many flavours of Mov files seem to not work in Se1.5, but do work in Sony, Ulead and Visial communicator pro and a few more other softwares.
    Odd Very Odd all the other programs are super cheap compared to SE, but they work, WHY?
    2) Have not heard since my last email from Newtek, prabrably due to time for the holidays break, so I wish everyone here happy holidays and a have a great NEW year.
    can I post short video .mov clips here for others to try to figure this out?

AVCHD format?

Denis;
    Thanks for asking in a polite manner this time. Yes, most here would like to help, so long as we don't get our head bit off for trying to offer assistance.

My guess is that the files are part of the new AVCHD format, which many have already whined and cried ad nauseum about NewTek not supporting yet, (in other posts). These new small video cameras usually have "AVCHD" marked right on the camera. Who knew it would be such a popular format so quickly, (I think less than one year)!

If your cameras don't use the "AVCHD" format, then upload some samples for us to disect. You can't upload the files on this forum but feel free to use something like www.4shared.com, which allows files to be up to 100 MB in size.

You guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon
    Denis;
    Thanks for asking in a polite manner this time. Yes, most here would like to help, so long as we don't get our head bit off for trying to offer assistance.

My guess is that the files are part of the new AVCHD format, which many have already whined and cried ad nauseum about NewTek not supporting yet, (in other posts). These new small video cameras usually have "AVCHD" marked right on the camera. Who knew it would be such a popular format so quickly, (I think less than one year)!

If your cameras don't use the "AVCHD" format, then upload some samples for us to disect. You can't upload the files on this forum but feel free to use something like www.4shared.com, which allows files to be up to 100 MB in size.
    " My guess is that the files are part of the new AVCHD format, which many have already whined and cried ad nauseum about NewTek not supporting yet, (in other posts). These new small video cameras usually have "AVCHD" marked right on the camera. Who knew it would be such a popular format so quickly, (I think less than one year)!

"
    Stop guessing they are nOT AVCHD format they are QT .mov format and I see and hear them in QT Player. I also See and here and edit the QT sample movie files PRIVDED when I bought the SpeedEdit, NOW the NEW SE1.5 I see great video but NO audio in SE1.5.
    Now That I have curred you guessing game Do NOT respond to me by guessing when I gave you the "FACTS" it is a.mov files like the ONES samples that came with SE when I first bought, it. THAT SE edit works great.
    So I will go Upload for you to "DISECT"
    Do you have any experiences working with QT movie files? Send me a link please, thank you and merry christmas.

Now That I have curred you guessing game Do NOT respond to me by guessing when I gave you the "FACTS"
    Yes Denis, you have supplied "facts" ... unfortunately just the barest facts, insufficient to answer your question. This forces anyone replying to guess -- if they are willing to reply at all given the tone of this thread.

People have been trying to find out which Quicktime codec your problem files are encoded with, as this is almost certainly the issue. All you have said is that they are Quicktime files. Here is another fact : Quicktime (like AVI) is not a single 'format', nor codec. It is a multimedia 'framework' ... a large 'family' of often very different formats. Here's a partial list from Wikipedia:

Audio

* Apple Lossless
    * Audio Interchange (AIFF)
    * Digital Audio: Audio CD - 16-bit (CDDA), 24-bit, 32-bit integer & floating point, and 64-bit floating point
    * MIDI
    * MPEG-1 Layer 3 Audio (.mp3)
    * MPEG-4 AAC Audio (.m4a, .m4b, .m4p)
    * QDesign Music
    * Qualcomm PureVoice (QCELP)
    * Sun AU Audio
    * ULAW and ALAW Audio
    * Waveform Audio (WAV)

Video

* 3GPP & 3GPP2 file formats
    * AVI file format
    * Bitmap (BMP) codec and file format
    * DV file (DV NTSC/PAL and DVC Pro NTSC/PAL codecs)
    * Flash & FlashPix files
    * GIF and Animated GIF files
    * H.261, H.263, and H.264 codecs
    * JPEG, Photo JPEG, and JPEG-2000 codecs and file formats
    * MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 Video file formats and associated codecs (such as AVC)
    * Quartz Composer Composition (.qtz, Mac OS X only)
    * QuickTime Movie (.mov) and QTVR movies
    * Sorenson Video 2 and 3 codecs
    * Other video codecs: Apple Video, Cinepak, Component Video, Graphics, and Planar RGB
    * Other still image formats: PNG, TIFF, and TGA
    * Cached information from streams: QTCH

(Perhaps you noticed AVC - which, in simple terms - is an h.264 variant, listed above. Gordon was politely asking if your files might be AVCHD.)

Not all of these are supported by SE. Countless very different types of files can be called Quicktime, most given an .mov extension, and all play in the Quicktime Player. Merely repeating that your files meet those basic criteria does not help diagnose the problem. It does not provide enough information for someone to try to reproduce your problem, confirm it as a limitation of SE, or a previously unnoticed failing of the new build, or offer a suggestion as to how to make it work. This is like asking a mechanic to diagnose a noise your engine is making over the phone - when he asks you which model of car and what engine, you only tell him 'The car was made in Japan.'

The best thing you could do is put a sample file up somewhere that generous people could download for testing .... when they find time, and - as these are user forums not Tech Support, and thus no-one here owes you an answer - if they feel like it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks for the reply Steve,

1)The facts ARE they are movie files, SE sample movie files worked, now don't
    2) I don't know HOW to find OUT, what type of movie files they are, seems NOBODY can guide me down that road to findout WHAT I am talking about, so if I don't know, You don't and nobody helps anyone, But as I mentioned that nobody seems to read completely what I write. SO I SAY AGAIN.
    3) Steve here seems to be the brains of mastering communications, even though I have had 3 strokes, 1 heart attack and lost my memory may 2000, I AM LEARNING ENGLISH I am told not bad for 7 yrs. so far at it, but YES I know far more ,that I NEED TONS more education to servive. I am a serviving person. I knoked out 3 strokes, 1 heart attack and loss of memory. ANd nOW fighting cancer, SO I am A survivor. I don't want to guess, the hospital guess all the time, why? Because they PRACTICE medicine.
    NEWTEK THIS IS YOUR SOFTWARE AND YOUR PROBLEM, not the people here, who try to help, why do , we/I Not hear from you? Newtek ?. Got your last emails and replied. Yes they (mov) the SE movie files DID work before and nnow it crashes when opening an enable acc/ac3 set things.
    WHY?

so how do I upload screen captures of what I find to better explain what I see here on my system?

1)The facts ARE they are movie files, SE sample movie files worked, now don't
    I'm not really conscious of any Quicktime files that ship with SE as samples, but maybe I''m forgetting something. (Most if not all of the sample 'movie' files are AVI type.)

1)2) I don't know HOW to find OUT
    Which is why people have suggested providing a small sample file which is giving you the error you are seeing. An alternative would be to download the free program GSPot to see what it can tell you about the files. (If sample files that ship with SE are giving you trouble, simply providing some filenames might help.)

I'm sure everyone here is sorry to hear about your health problem, Denis.

NEWTEK THIS IS YOUR SOFTWARE AND YOUR PROBLEM, not the people here, who try to help, why do , we/I Not hear from you? Newtek ?
    Although you will sometimes find NewTek staff helping in here, these forums are really largely 'user forums' - users helping users.

There are other channels for direct Tech Support, but often fellow users can help - especially appreciated after business hours, on weekends, or - as now - when NewTek (like most other businesses) is effectively shut down for a holiday week. Fellow users trying to help don't much like to be yelled at though, Denis.

You can attach screengrabs to a post by clicking the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Additional Options" section below the text edit panel when you click "Post Reply." I'm not really sure how a screengrab will help in this case, though.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

uploaded a movie file

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie
    Yes Denis, you have supplied "facts" ... unfortunately just the barest facts, insufficient to answer your question. This forces anyone replying to guess -- if they are willing to reply at all given the tone of this thread.

People have been trying to find out which Quicktime codec your problem files are encoded with, as this is almost certainly the issue. All you have said is that they are Quicktime files. Here is another fact : Quicktime (like AVI) is not a single 'format', nor codec. It is a multimedia 'framework' ... a large 'family' of often very different formats. Here's a partial list from Wikipedia:

Audio

* Apple Lossless
    * Audio Interchange (AIFF)
    * Digital Audio: Audio CD - 16-bit (CDDA), 24-bit, 32-bit integer & floating point, and 64-bit floating point
    * MIDI
    * MPEG-1 Layer 3 Audio (.mp3)
    * MPEG-4 AAC Audio (.m4a, .m4b, .m4p)
    * QDesign Music
    * Qualcomm PureVoice (QCELP)
    * Sun AU Audio
    * ULAW and ALAW Audio
    * Waveform Audio (WAV)

Video

* 3GPP & 3GPP2 file formats
    * AVI file format
    * Bitmap (BMP) codec and file format
    * DV file (DV NTSC/PAL and DVC Pro NTSC/PAL codecs)
    * Flash & FlashPix files
    * GIF and Animated GIF files
    * H.261, H.263, and H.264 codecs
    * JPEG, Photo JPEG, and JPEG-2000 codecs and file formats
    * MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 Video file formats and associated codecs (such as AVC)
    * Quartz Composer Composition (.qtz, Mac OS X only)
    * QuickTime Movie (.mov) and QTVR movies
    * Sorenson Video 2 and 3 codecs
    * Other video codecs: Apple Video, Cinepak, Component Video, Graphics, and Planar RGB
    * Other still image formats: PNG, TIFF, and TGA
    * Cached information from streams: QTCH

(Perhaps you noticed AVC - which, in simple terms - is an h.264 variant, listed above. Gordon was politely asking if your files might be AVCHD.)

Not all of these are supported by SE. Countless very different types of files can be called Quicktime, most given an .mov extension, and all play in the Quicktime Player. Merely repeating that your files meet those basic criteria does not help diagnose the problem. It does not provide enough information for someone to try to reproduce your problem, confirm it as a limitation of SE, or a previously unnoticed failing of the new build, or offer a suggestion as to how to make it work. This is like asking a mechanic to diagnose a noise your engine is making over the phone - when he asks you which model of car and what engine, you only tell him 'The car was made in Japan.'

The best thing you could do is put a sample file up somewhere that generous people could download for testing .... when they find time, and - as these are user forums not Tech Support, and thus no-one here owes you an answer - if they feel like it.
    here is the link, BUT NEWTEK should fix this , it is NEWTEK SOFTWARE people and it should work as advertised, SPEEDEDIT is what it is not what it doesn't do now, NO EDITING at all and not just getting random help from total strangers, IS NOT A SOLUTION TO THESE PROBLEMS. I have called and called and spoke and told what the problems are. But nobody teaches me HOW to find what the hell the file types are, except Steve who had bottered to go the extra mile to educate me, thank you again, Steve.
    Steve many thnaks for your help and guidance, I apreaciate all you do, and you do a lot for me as I have noticed. A personal wish to for you to have a great merry christmas and super great Happy and profitable new year.
    And your right no-one owes me answer, but they also should NOT be causeing more problems trying to understand what the hell they are talking about.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/32975466...3a/lights.html

thanks for the help, I do NOT yet at anyone, I am Upseat nobody understands me

I'm not really conscious of any Quicktime files that ship with SE as samples, but maybe I''m forgetting something. (Most if not all of the sample 'movie' files are AVI type.)

Which is why people have suggested providing a small sample file which is giving you the error you are seeing. An alternative would be to download the free program GSPot to see what it can tell you about the files. (If sample files that ship with SE are giving you trouble, simply providing some filenames might help.)

I'm sure everyone here is sorry to hear about your health problem, Denis.

Although you will sometimes find NewTek staff helping in here, these forums are really largely 'user forums' - users helping users.

There are other channels for direct Tech Support, but often fellow users can help - especially appreciated after business hours, on weekends, or - as now - when NewTek (like most other businesses) is effectively shut down for a holiday week. Fellow users trying to help don't much like to be yelled at though, Denis.

You can attach screengrabs to a post by clicking the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Additional Options" section below the text edit panel when you click "Post Reply." I'm not really sure how a screengrab will help in this case, though.
    yes I do understand shutting down for holidays, but for months of geting NO answers , or direct answers to specific problems is NOT customer service as I remember HOW Newtek has helped me in the past, BUT THAT WAS then. I have been more than patient for years, but alowing me to progress to newer upgrades that THE SOLVE many bugs, simple tells me I was correct by Newtel's admitance it was a BUGGY programs, but seems all programs are BUGGY AND getteing worst such as VISTA the super bug of failed software.

Being permanetly dissable is no excuse NOT to learn HOW to communicate, if we are not on the same page, we do not go farther. The damages of guessing by unqualified folks is an insult not helping. I see life are direct. If you call the software SlowEdit and it is slow, I know i bought what it says. The Shear stupidity of selling 'Live One CARE" that has NO live customer support is yet anothe microsoft marvalous stupidity so when we ask where is support for LIVE ONE CARE and their is none, why did they sell it as LIVE ONE CARE, when their is no such animal.
    I see people as 2 ways
    1) uselfull
    2) useless, Helen Keller demonstrted that when i saw movie
    3) People have no idea what loss of memory IS, you have NO clue
    4) simply put it this way, I have landed on planet earth, I did not know it was a planet. they are many planets.
    5) I could not see when I awoke in hospital bed, I did not know I could not see and wore glasses.
    6) people speak, but many words are b/s I did not now what B/s was.
    7) all my dad words I learn form professional people, *******, 4 letter words bad ones, I learned after I repeated them and then was shewed out as You put it, that you say I do. How do I know what that is? nobody explains anything but do say it is wrong, but not why ?
    8) I hear but comprehension is the tought one to learn, most ******** are just joking, how would I know?
    9) the more I learn, the more I know their is MUCH more to learn.
    10) people say the obvious and stop, "Your yeling at me" You know i don't know what they speak about, I say what I hear, to many it is not yelling it make no sence, we DO NOT communicate. That I know, you have to be smart like steve to see and understand.

Originally Posted by SBowie
    Yes look in the newtek speededit folder you will find them their, QuikStart folder, footage (folder),called SE-Spot original, mpg,avi, Qt,Flash, like these F3-MPG2.m2p, F4-FlashFile.avi, F2-Quicktime.mov, F1-AVI.avi
    So what is m2p? and m2t?

AFAIK, m2p and m2t are MPEG2 variants, (programs stream and transport stream type ) ... and occasionally, perhaps, an MPEG4 in an MPEG2 wrapper.

I downloaded your file, and played it in Quicktime, Mirage, and SpeedEDIT-VT. According to Quicktime, it is a DV compressed 640x480 video file (though GSPot indicates it should be viewed at standard SD DV res - 720x460) with MPEG-4 AAC 48k stereo audio.

However, I do not hear audio for the file in any of the programs above. After conforming, with AAC/AC3 enabled, SpeedEDIT shows an audio track for it, but with no content. Are you sure this file has any audio? Apart from that, it plays ok for me.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

That I know, you have to be smart like steve to see and understand.
    Denis, if I was half as smart as quite a few others here, I'd be very happy. I am only persistent, like a dog with a bone.

Yes look in the newtek speededit folder you will find them their
    Interesting, thanks for pointing that out. I'd never noticed those files. I presume they may be files Paul supplied for use with the Quickstart Guide. Again, the fact that a sample Quicktime file loads is no assurance that all types will do so. There are many different kinds.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

yes all the videos have audio and I hear on all other programs

AFAIK, m2p and m2t are MPEG2 variants, (programs stream and transport stream type ) ... and occasionally, perhaps, an MPEG4 in an MPEG2 wrapper.

I downloaded your file, and played it in Quicktime, Mirage, and SpeedEDIT-VT. According to Quicktime, it is a DV compressed 640x480 video file (though GSPot indicates it should be viewed at standard SD DV res - 720x460) with MPEG-4 AAC 48k stereo audio.

However, I do not hear audio for the file in any of the programs above. After conforming, with AAC/AC3 enabled, SpeedEDIT shows an audio track for it, but with no content. Are you sure this file has any audio? Apart from that, it plays ok for me.
    yes all the videos have audio and I hear on all other programs, I then make them into avi files and bring them back to SE to edit their.
    Many thanks for the great replies during christmas as I know You must be so very busy and again wishing you a great Christmas and happy new year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast